Home

[KOTOR]A mod to fix the Korriban Student Tasks?

UltimateHK47

Hey, I haven't been on here for AGES, and I came back to see the community and how it was doing. So hi :D Well, I decided to start KotOR up again, and I've always got this glitch on Korriban, where you do ALL of the student tasks (kill the droids, retrieve the sword, ect), and you can only turn in a few, so they always remain there in your inventory like a bad smell.

If anyone could suggest a way to fix this, or know any mod that helps, I'd be grateful. (I do know how to mod but it has been a long time since Kotor tool has even been opened).

Hey, I haven't been on here for AGES, and I came back to see the community and how it was doing. So hi :D Well, I decided to start KotOR up again, and I've always got this glitch on Korriban, where you do ALL of the student tasks (kill the droids, retrieve the sword, ect), and you can only turn in a few, so they always remain there in your inventory like a bad smell.

If anyone could suggest a way to fix this, or know any mod that helps, I'd be grateful. (I do know how to mod but it has been a long time since Kotor tool has even been opened).

Nice to hear from you UltimateHK!

I can look into it. It should be a simple matter of:

1. Using KT or KSE to find out the completion states of the tasks

2. If necessary, add a journal state for the task not being necessary

3. Making a script that fires from Uthar Wynn's dialogue that closes any of the quests...

Nice to hear from you UltimateHK!

I can look into it. It should be a simple matter of:

1. Using KT or KSE to find out the completion states of the tasks

2. If necessary, add a journal state for the task not being necessary

3. Making a script that fires from Uthar Wynn's dialogue that closes any of the quests...

I think a nice little fix to close it is all that's needed. I may have a go at it myself, to get back in shape, and what you say makes sense. It'd be handy if I could have a save game to access that near-exact point in the game. I think what would need to happen is when you are eligible for the final test, a script would fire after Uthar tells you to meet him, which would make all the journal entries go to the completion state like you had turned them in previously when getting prestige. Does that make sense? I'm rusty at this :p

I think a nice little fix to close it is all that's needed. I may have a go at it myself, to get back in shape, and what you say makes sense. It'd be handy if I could have a save game to access that near-exact point in the game. I think what would need to happen is when you are eligible for the final test, a script would fire after Uthar tells you to meet him, which would make all the journal entries go to the completion state like you had turned them in previously when getting prestige. Does that make sense? I'm rusty at this :p

Well...

I used KSE to check the journal entries for the seven possible tasks(counting the code of the sith from Yuthura, since it gets prestige) and have it mostly done. I have the script that would set the journals to "done" ready and compiling.

However...

I have a small snag. The Sword of Ajunta Pall quest. Going by the entries alone, I'm not certain which events the game counts as closing the quest. Do you mind giving your opinion on which ones could be 'closers' by default, without modding?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
40) You encountered Shaardan on the way out of Ajunta Pall's tomb and surrendered the spirit's blade to him. It probably wasn't worth fighting over, anyhow.

50) On the way out of Ajunta Pall's tomb, you encountered one of your rivals: Shaardan. The Sith hopeful was actually dumb enough to take one of the spirit's false blades without closer examination. As for the real blade, that can probably be turned into Master Uthar, as well, unless you wish to keep it.

60) The dark sword of the Sith Lord Ajunta Pall has been turned over to Master Uthar, bringing you one step closer to obtaining enough prestige to move on to the final test.

I'm also writing a new journal entry for each quest, to make it more real, since there aren't any for not completing them in time.

Should be rather easy, the one with End at "1" is (one of) the closing entry of a quest.

Unfortunately, KotOR hands us another puzzle:

The journal entries with End: 1...

Show spoiler

33049:

Having selected the wrong sword to place in the statue, the spirit of the Sith Lord, Ajunta Pall, went berserk and attacked you. The battle is over, and while you weren't able to select the correct sword initially it's possible one of the remaining swords *is* his blade... and would possibly suffice as a relic that would impress Master Uthar.

33050:

You were able to select the blade that once belonged to the Sith Lord Ajunta Pall, and his spirit was grateful that the weapon would at last leave his side. The weapon is certainly an impressive one... but it might also serve as a relic that would impress Master Uthar.

33051:

You encountered Shaardan on the way out of Ajunta Pall's tomb and surrendered the spirit's blade to him. It probably wasn't worth fighting over, anyhow.

33052:

On the way out of Ajunta Pall's tomb, you encountered one of your rivals: Shaardan. The Sith hopeful was actually dumb enough to take one of the spirit's false blades without closer examination. As for the real blade, that can probably be turned into Master Uthar, as well, unless you wish to keep it.

Looks like a bug if all of those end the quest...

That was my thinking. Consequently, I decided to opt with UltimateHK's choice of using the highest condition as the decider. Though I think I'll use the Shaardan one as well.

By the way, did anyone know that there was a cut quest to gather some Rakatan genetic data from inside the temple and give it to some Elder Rakatan scientists? Apparently, they believe that the secret to force sensitivity for their race is locked in genetic data from ages ago. At the time of Revan's visit, the race was apparently not able to feel the Force...

That was my thinking. Consequently, I decided to opt with UltimateHK's choice of using the highest condition as the decider. Though I think I'll use the Shaardan one as well.

By the way, did anyone know that there was a cut quest to gather some Rakatan genetic data from inside the temple and give it to some Elder Rakatan scientists? Apparently, they believe that the secret to force sensitivity for their race is locked in genetic data from ages ago. At the time of Revan's visit, the race was apparently not able to feel the Force...

Woah, where did you find that out?

Woah, where did you find that out?

Open the global.jrl using K-GFF and go to struct 60. I cross-referenced the StrRefs using TalkEd...

EDIT:

The entries in dialog.tlk are 42856-42858:

Show spoiler

42856:

You have discovered that the Elders are researching the genetic history of their people in an attempt to make them Force sensitive again. They believe that this will allow them to peaceful re-enter galactic society.

They think that there may be information stored in the Temple that could help them.

42857:

You have retrieved some genetic data from the ancient computer in the catacombs of the Temple of the Ancients. You're sure the Elder Researchers would find this information very useful.

42858:

You have given the genetic data you found in the Temple of the Ancients to the Elder Researchers. They are most pleased. They thanked you profusely and you think that this information will advance their research considerably.

You do realise that's actually a quest in the game? It's not cut.

Only now realised the funny typo here :). Don't know if you made it or the questentry is written as such.

I did realize that later, yeah...

as for the typo, I assume you mean the phrase "... turned into Master Uthat..." which could be corrected "...turned in to Master Uthar..."?

Archived