Home

Most Anticipated Video Games 2014

mr_dad

(I'm almost afraid to show my "face" here after that mod cancellation...)

2013 is over, guys. As we look forward to what this new year brings, and await more content from our fearless Commander Joe, I feel it is only appropriate I give you my list of most anticipated games of 2014. Why? Simply put, I'm bored.

Part 1 (#20-11): http://youtu.be/jWWFYQIoxlg

Part 2 (#10-1): http://youtu.be/p3owSiCYUTc

Now keep in mind, this is not an objective list. I am simply listing games I am personally looking forward to for one reason or another. However, if you disagree with any entries, I am very interested to know what YOUR list of most anticipated games are. Feel free to leave a comment bellow saying what you most anticipated game(s) of 2014 are, and why. So, let's begin listing!

For the moment I guess my "most anticipated" games would be:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PC)

GTA V (PC)

Watch Dogs

Thief

I guess in a way I'm looking forward to Dragon Age Inquisition, but I'm staying off the hype train for that one as I've reduced my Bioware games expectations to zero after their last three single-player "RPGs".

P.S. All of the games on my list are, of course, PC versions, I've only explicitly stated it for MG and GTA, since their console versions are already out ;)

This isn't my "most anticipated"... but these are the games I'm interested in, not including games where we haven't seen any content from...

Bayonetta 2

Destiny

Evil Within, The

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Titanfall

Watch Dogs

Witcher 3: High production values, interesting world, good reactivity, neat gameplay, all they need is some better writing and, eh, more practical outfits and it could be the best game of the decade.

Dragon Age Inquisition: DA2 was a fantastic idea terribly executed, but since this game has been making the right noises so far, I'm interested.

Dead State: Brian Mitsoda wrote much of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, which is enough for me. Seeing a zombie RPG with a focus on dealing with the humans in your shelter instead of shooting zombies in the head should be fun.

Age of Decadence: Interesting setting, little magic, many factions and a story which will be seen from different perspectives depending on your choices/class sounds fine. Also, I guess the no fuss "pick your own adventure" style is an honest way of showing how most RPGs work.

The Banner Saga: The previews say meh, the beautiful art, cut scenes (never thought I'd list cut scenes as a plus), setting, and some neat gameplay mechanics makes me exited. Though why they had to name a female character Oddleif is beyond me.

These are all great ones guys! While it didn't make my list, I am really interested in Broken Age. I can remember a time when point and click adventure games were very popular, and it's cool to see them coming back into popularity. Any else agree?

Dead State: Brian Mitsoda wrote much of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines' date=' which is enough for me. Seeing a zombie RPG with a focus on dealing with the humans in your shelter instead of shooting zombies in the head should be fun.[/quote']

I've been following that game ever since the beginning, but when they revealed the turn-based combat, I was so disappointed that I stopped caring.

Archived