Home

Mod compatibility

maltron66

First of all, I'd like to express my sincere apologies to the admins, as I've probably posted this thread in the wrong place. Nevertheless, let's begin...

So, I've got a bunch of mods for TSL that I want to install and I was wondering if they're compatible with TSLRCM v1.8.2. I've checked some "Mod compatibility" lists on DeadlyStream, but couldn't find whether any one of those mods listed below are compatible or not. So, here are the mods I'm interested in:

- Bounty Hunter mod by Ben Fett (This mod restores the class Bounty Hunter and adds it to Mira)

- Ebon Hawk Cargo mod by Bill Hickle (This mod adds some plastic containers next to the workbench, places the lab station in the medical bay, and places 2 hiden compartments in the cargo hold)

- Curse Of The Sith mod by Team Hssiss (This mod by Team Hssiss adds a new level to TSL accessable by a pillar on Korriban)

- Combat Simulation Arena mod by stoffe (The Arena is a "mini-game" module where you can practice fighting against a variety of opponents, watch games between AI-controlled combatants, bet on AI matches and compete in the arena for credits)

- Ebon Hawk Smugglers Compartment Mod by envida (This mod adds a lab station in the med bay (medical room), container in the communication room and a smugglers compartment in the storage room, where the damage HK-47/Mira stands)

- Kreia's Mechanical Hand mod by Master Zionosis (This mod will allow Kreia to be able to get a mechanical hand from a mechanic on Nar Shaddaa)

- Onderon Palace Expanded mod by marif (This mod expands the Palace on Onderon by restoring three rooms, that were previously locked and inaccessible)

- Rebuilding The Jedi Enclave mod by Kreia (This mod brings an improvement on the showdown between Kreia and the Jedi Council)

- Remote Unlimited mod by SithRevan (This mod edits the appearance.2da file allowing you to equip Bao-Dur's Remote with different blasters, sheilds, and other items)

- Slums Of Telos mod by HdVaderII (This mod adds 4 New modules on Telos)

- Suvam Tan mod by Ender Wiggin (This mod aims to put back Suvam Tan, the merchant from the space station orbiting Yavin IV. He is in the Refugee Sector on Nar Shaddaa - the Exchange portion)

- High Stakes Pazaak mod by Achilles (This mod changes the wager amounts for 5 of the 7 characters you can play Pazaak with)

- Luxa Quest mod by WRFan (This mod will allow you to do the Arms Dealing quest even if you work for the Ithorians)

- Sparring Gauntlets / Carth Pager mod by Xcom (This mod introduces two special items: Sparring Gauntlets and the Carth Pager)

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me out on this... I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled TSL over and over and over and over and over again (25 times I think...), and everytime something screwed up my game and I couldn't proceed in the game... probably because of mod incompatibility issues. Sorry for being a pain and thanks in advance!

These are just first impression guesses (somewhat educated):

- Bounty Hunter mod by Ben Fett (This mod restores the class Bounty Hunter and adds it to Mira)

Probably not

- Ebon Hawk Cargo mod by Bill Hickle (This mod adds some plastic containers next to the workbench, places the lab station in the medical bay, and places 2 hiden compartments in the cargo hold)

No

- Curse Of The Sith mod by Team Hssiss (This mod by Team Hssiss adds a new level to TSL accessable by a pillar on Korriban)

Probably not

- Combat Simulation Arena mod by stoffe (The Arena is a "mini-game" module where you can practice fighting against a variety of opponents, watch games between AI-controlled combatants, bet on AI matches and compete in the arena for credits)

Not sure

- Ebon Hawk Smugglers Compartment Mod by envida (This mod adds a lab station in the med bay (medical room), container in the communication room and a smugglers compartment in the storage room, where the damage HK-47/Mira stands)

No

- Kreia's Mechanical Hand mod by Master Zionosis (This mod will allow Kreia to be able to get a mechanical hand from a mechanic on Nar Shaddaa)

Probably not

- Onderon Palace Expanded mod by marif (This mod expands the Palace on Onderon by restoring three rooms, that were previously locked and inaccessible)

No

- Rebuilding The Jedi Enclave mod by Kreia (This mod brings an improvement on the showdown between Kreia and the Jedi Council)

I think it's already included or based off of it? If not then no.

- Remote Unlimited mod by SithRevan (This mod edits the appearance.2da file allowing you to equip Bao-Dur's Remote with different blasters, sheilds, and other items)

Not sure.

- Slums Of Telos mod by HdVaderII (This mod adds 4 New modules on Telos)

No

- Suvam Tan mod by Ender Wiggin (This mod aims to put back Suvam Tan, the merchant from the space station orbiting Yavin IV. He is in the Refugee Sector on Nar Shaddaa - the Exchange portion)

No

- High Stakes Pazaak mod by Achilles (This mod changes the wager amounts for 5 of the 7 characters you can play Pazaak with)

Probably your best bet for compatibility.

- Luxa Quest mod by WRFan (This mod will allow you to do the Arms Dealing quest even if you work for the Ithorians)

Probably not.

- Sparring Gauntlets / Carth Pager mod by Xcom (This mod introduces two special items: Sparring Gauntlets and the Carth Pager)

Probably works since it's only items. Could be wrong.

Overall you can see that there weren't many ringing endorsements for the listed mods. Since you've had to reinstall TSL 25 times, I would just stick with TSLRCM 1.8.2 and M4-78EP for now.

But then again, my responses were just guesses based on your descriptions. Can't really say 100% either way, but most lean towards incompatible.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter. I think I should be a little more specific now, though:

- The Bounty Hunter mod uses tslpatcher and affects classes.2da, featgain.2da and skills.2da. But since it does use the patcher, I was hoping it could be compatible.

- The Ebon Hawk Cargo mod needs to place Atton's, Bao-Dur's and T3-M4's dlg files, plus some other files in the override manually, so I guess they are probably not compatible. However, I found the new scripts attached in this mod's dlg files and put them in TSLRCM’s respective dlg files. Maybe this could work out...

- The Curse Of The Sith mod uses tslpatcher, adds a ton of files in override and only affects ambientmusic.2da, so I see no reason why this shouldn't work (actually, I've played this mod while having TSLRCM installed as well and it worked like a charm, but I had got to Korriban using cheats, so I don't know if it breaks the game somewhere else)

- The Combat Simulation Arena mod uses tslpatcher and adds a few files in override, but affects almost all 2da files. I don't know...

- The Ebon Hawk Smugglers Compartment mod doesn’t use tslpathcer and needs to place k_003ebo_enter.ncs, 004_ebo_enter.ncs and 003_ebo_enter.ncs, as well as upgrade.2da in the override manually, so it might as well be the culprit. And at most times, it doesn’t work.

- The Kreia's Mechanical Hand mod doesn’t use tslpatcher and needs to place some scripts in the override, as well as feat.2da. Suspicious...

- The Onderon Palace Expanded mod uses tslpatcher, replaces Tobin’s dlg file and modifies upcrystals.2da. Hadn’t it been for that dlg file, I’d say I can’t find a reason for this mod not to be compatible with TSLRCM.

- About Rebuilding The Jedi Enclave mod… I am pretty sure you’re right, I think I read that it is already included somewhere, but I am not 100% positive.

- The Remote Unlimited mod only edits the appearance.2da file with tslpatcher, so I believe it must be compatible.

- The Slums Of Telos mod has already given me gameplay issues once. NPCs from Onderon started appearing in Telos Station… You don’t get to use tslpathcer, you place a ton of files in the override, along with some dlg files from Grenn and also, globalcat.2da. If you asked me to bet my money on this one about ruining the game, I would.

- The Suvam Tan mod uses tslpathcer, modifies appearance.2da but also replaces the k_enter_302.ncs and k_enter_601.ncs files. I am not certain about this one.

- The High Stakes Pazaak mod doesn’t use tslpathcer and replaces all dlg files related to pazaak players you face during the game. If TSLRCM didn’t bring any changes to those dlg’s, then they must be compatible.

- The Luxa Quest mod is just Luxa’s dlg file that you have to manually place in the override. Did TSLRCM bring any changes to this dlg file? If so…

- Finally, the Sparring Gauntlets / Carth Pager mod doesn’t use tslpatcher and requires to manually place some files, including the spells.2da file in the override. The latter might be acting up and messing up the game.

Overall, I’d say I have some leads on the mods that are causing damage, but I am standing by to see if anyone that has actually used those mods with TSLRCM can reply to this thread and enlighten me…

If you're asking yourself "did TSLRCM modify this .dlg?" the answer would be, in 90% of the cases... Yes.

So I always say, assume we did and act like that.

Right...

By the way, Hassat Hunter, here's one quick question: Is the "Rebuilding The Jedi Enclave" mod included in TSLRCM? I think I recall seeing that it is somewhere, but I am not sure. So...

Archived