Home

Some new type of Sith Armor

L0ki194

Yo. So last year I made this little reskin of the Republic Soldier Armor

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
ee7ef449581b81e652495abb18fbc550-repsith_1.png

Which was alright, but pretty bland and basic. Over the past year I fiddled around with GIMP a little more, and I "think" I've improved a little...

Anyways, this time I made this.

Show spoiler
FBX6URx.pngfyrMQ5W.pngI'd like to point out that now there's shininess to the texture. I learned how to do that after messing around with GIMP

It took me a few hours to make, test, etc. I'm not really sure what to make of this. A new type Sith Armor to wear? Retexture for the Republic Armor, like I did last time? I honestly don't know.

Let me know what you think of this...thing, and any suggestions would be nice.

Yo. So last year I made this little reskin of the Republic Soldier Armor

Show spoiler
ee7ef449581b81e652495abb18fbc550-repsith_1.png

Which was alright, but pretty bland and basic. Over the past year I fiddled around with GIMP a little more, and I "think" I've improved a little...

Anyways, this time I made this.

Show spoiler
FBX6URx.pngfyrMQ5W.pngI'd like to point out that now there's shininess to the texture. I learned how to do that after messing around with GIMP

It took me a few hours to make, test, etc. I'm not really sure what to make of this. A new type Sith Armor to wear? Retexture for the Republic Armor, like I did last time? I honestly don't know.

Let me know what you think of this...thing, and any suggestions would be nice.

I really like that man! The emblem is very cool and well done. I think if anything, the shoulderpads could use less transparency and a little more scuff-ish texture, sort of like the non-shiny metal parts. I think the reason the shoulders look odd is that the polys are probably detached from the body model. The thing is if you wanted to make it a wearable armor you'd have to choose a model to replace (like one of the armors or robes or clothing) because the republic armor model isn't normally wearable by your PC or party members. It might be cool to give it to certain NPCs though. Like you could call them Sith Scouts or something and put some walking around in the valley of the dark lords. Or have some as enemies in the sith bases/leviathon.

Do you mean the Shoulder pads on the sides of the arms or the long strip across the shoulders? Also, I'd need someone to help with adding NPCs to Korriban or I'd have to learn how to do all that stuff myself.... Hope it's not TOO complicated....

Do you mean the Shoulder pads on the sides of the arms or the long strip across the shoulders? Also, I'd need someone to help with adding NPCs to Korriban or I'd have to learn how to do all that stuff myself.... Hope it's not TOO complicated....

Sorry, I meant the long strips across the shoulders. As for placing npc's, I could try and help if that's something you are interested in. Or if you'd rather learn a bit yourself you should read these:

[Tutorial] Populate Function

Spawning Items, Placeables and Creatures

Okay. I'll try making different variants of the Sith Armor, and I think I might replace the D Class Armor because I don't wear it that much. I'll figure something out. And with NPCs and such I'll wait before I decide what to do with that subject. For now I'll work on the textures...

EDIT: Okay, so I looked at the Republic Soldier Armor Texture and the D class armor Texture and... this will take ALOT of time to make it as best as possible.

Also, I made 2 variants of the newly dubbed "Sith Scout Armor". The only slight difference is the long strip. Everything else is normal. I remade it from scratch, but it's only a small improvement from the original idea.... if it can be called an improvement.

Show spoiler
xaKZt7B.png64qXXuC.png

Sorry if the screens are too dark. And because I felt like it, I made reskin of the Default Rep Soldier Armor.

Show spoiler
tWjJX1e.pngdmqYVMR.png

EDIT 2: Well Dammit... I tried making the texture for P*BD01... I tried, and tried, and tried, and it just doesn't work. And I'm not THAT good at making textures. Either I'll try asking around, try a few more times on the texture, or just give up on replacing the armor and just use the texture as some NPC or something. I dunno.

I like it! It looks like it's actually made out of metal! It always irked me how standard Republic combat armor looked like it was made out of cushions instead of reinforced metal.

That's pretty much my reason too. It's ARMOR... Not a pillow..... no wonder the Republic Troops die so often in the opening level. I should probably shine up the helmets too. And make one for the Sith Scout Armor.

I'd replace the Sith Officer uniforms with this armor.

Hmm. You know,.... I actually did think about doing that for the Sith Officers but never did because I wasn't too sure about the Republic Soldiers having the same outfit as the Sith Officers. I think I might do that. Forget replacing armor... Now I just need to figure out a name for the mod.... Any ideas people?

NOTE: I'll redo the originals, and add 2 more varieties to match the 3 Sith Uniform Textures.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright this is what I have so far, but I have the feeling I screwed up the 2nd one beyond saving, and the 3rd one is... well I messed up on the center chest-plate and the shoulders. I'm still tweaking with the features. Such as I didn't notice this setting on GIMP.

UjYDn1h.png

Me being non-observant yet again...

Anyways here's what I got so far. As always, suggestions, tips, etc., are welcomed.

Show spoiler

yfyngiK.pngMonXIIG.png

UvgJTit.pngcm6KlTT.png

lkodvHq.pngCq3JwVB.png

I was thinking more along the lines of the logo being on the shoulder patch similar to real life military uniforms.

Other than that, I like this armor and would definitely use in a playthrough!

Hmm. I'll try that, and I think I might reduce the size on the Back logo.

@DuckfromPortal

The blue pants were supposed to try and match of one of the sith officer textures which after quickly looking at it, I think it's un-used. So only 2 textures will be made now.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so after a while of procrastinating, (Which I do a lot, because I'm a lazy teenager) I went and did these today. I was working on them yesterday, but something seemed off, so I added the pattern you see on the front and back.

White/Silver Sith Armor

Show spoiler
QX6NcEG.png

Black Sith Armor

Show spoiler
8DG31iz.png

Red Sith Armor

Show spoiler
UQVJ3sG.png

Also, if you can't see it, the Faction Logo has been moved to the shoulders

Show spoiler
0RWFqj5.png

I just need to do the Female Textures now.

EDIT: They are done

Show spoiler
U0NhCi0.png

4I5bJ6q.png

lk6o9ul.png

Sorry the shoulder Logos look low rez... it's how small the whole texture is.

t9x9jPP.png

Now, should these be:

1 - Replacements for the Sith Officer Uniforms - Easy, could have done in a few days

2 - Used as special NPC Armors - Medium, I mean to make a new random NPC and place them somewhere, which I don't know how to do

3 - Or should they be part of a mod that replaces a light armor class, with the models. - Hard, Could take a while

I might need some help regarding replacement textures for armors, as I would want them to be as close to the original armor that they're replacing.

Let me know what you think.

(P.S., could a moderator change the Title of this thread to "L0ki194's WIP Thread" or something? Please & Thank You.)

Some Republic Armors I tried doing.

Show spoiler
TTJpFEg.pngxKHexIP.png

I dunno... This seems a little off to me. If you like, or think it needs improvement, let me know.

Also, check my last post. The female textures are done on the Sith Officer Armor

I think the chest plate not melding into the upside down T is one thing (Cause its a darkling that seems to be separating the same color for no reason.) otherwise it looks pretty great, oh could it be that there are the three variances of a similar color of burnt orange or red, some with out the shine might be causing an iritance from odd. do these comments help?

@DuckfromPortal

I'll just try again on the Republic Armor. My creativeness (If you can even call it that), is a bit burnt out for now, because I've been messing with these textures for at least 7-8 hours. I'll just keep experimenting with it, until I get it right.

Each progressive step you've taken has improved the overall looks. I think that the shoulder logo does work better than having it on the back. I also think that the Sith pants look better when they are one color, rather than two toned like the Republic.

It's good that you're playing around with the shapes of the armor plates of the chest and back. Once you get the pattern settled, the trick will be to get the highligts and shadows to look like individual, overlapping pieces.

Keep at it :D

Each progressive step you've taken has improved the overall looks. I think that the shoulder logo does work better than having it on the back. I also think that the Sith pants look better when they are one color, rather than two toned like the Republic.

It's good that you're playing around with the shapes of the armor plates of the chest and back. Once you get the pattern settled, the trick will be to get the highligts and shadows to look like individual, overlapping pieces.

Keep at it :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :) I'm still learning and experimenting with the features that GIMP has at it's disposal, but I like how you noticed I was trying to do the "overlapping armor piece" detail... which is what I was going for. I was going to release what I have so far, but I think I'll keep messing around until it looks really good. (All though, I DO have something up my sleeve.) Same goes for the Republic Armor, but I'm having a tougher time with design on that one. I want to keep it close to the original colors as possible, without butchering it. I'm also gonna try at taking a shot of making either C class armor recreations, or D class recreations. I'm trying to make it so that an armor is replaced, but still retains the same look as the original texture. That way I can incorporate the Sith Officer Armor Textures into actual wearable armors. I'll get back to this in a little bit. I'm running on yesterday's sleep, and caffeine... I'm so bad at having a good sleep schedule ;_;

Great-looking stuff! The shine really pops out. And it all fits nicely within the stylistic tone of the original KotOR.

Thanks! I'm still working and improving these, but I don't know when I'll actually get these right. I do have to say, that every screen you look at, I've actually done the texture over again from scratch. But anyways, time for me to get back to work (I mean the textures, not IRL).

Archived