Home

It's 2014. Where The Battlefront Be At???

Flowing Force

First, I'd like to say that it's quite a treat to see sites like this still up and running with people actually visiting (or moderating) every so often. Thanks to everyone responsible for keeping it all operational and cleaned-up tidy.

So, in realizing that the ol' "Gamespy" is no longer active, thus leaving me (and SWBF1 players everywhere) unable to play online, I just downloaded Tunngle, which is a similar program that (apparently) allows SWBF gamers to link-up for online gaming using the "LAN" option of their SWBF game.

Anyhow... Does anyone still play online??? How often and when???

• 2 weeks later...

So... After clearing-up a few issues with my PC, I was able to finally get Tunngle up and running, and played a quick multi-player game online yesterday afternoon... For those who have not seen it themselves, do know that IT IS TRUE! There ARE people playing SWBF1 online! AND there are even servers hosting mods-- which is exclusively what "The New Renaissance of SWBF1" was all about! (Back in the day, in 2005-2006, you couldn't find any servers hosting mods, thus my idea to create The New Renaissance... I hosted only mod-maps and used freewebs.com/weBF as the server name, so that players could go to the site and download all the maps & mods needed to join the games I was hosting that week.)

Anyways, although I haven't maintained the website in almost a decade (however, it IS still active), and although I've retired from gaming, I am VERY much interested in some multi-player Battlefront. I'm not active in the gaming community, and am unaware of any communities of gamers for SWBF1, so if you know of any forums or websites where people gather to organize SWBF1 games, please reply here and leave the deets. Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

Archived