Home

Guardians of the Galaxy

HED

I didn't know what the Guardians of the Galaxy were either, but I've read some things about it and it's apparently exactly the kind of thing Star Wars fans would like, so naturally I'm interested. And it looks great.

It does seem like the riskiest thing Marvel has done so far. People seem to say the thing with the talking raccoon will put people off, but seriously, that raccoon is the greatest thing ever! :D

I'm not saying it won't be a good movie, hell it could be the best movie of 2014, but it's not like the Marvel movies made in the past. The average person knew who Spider Man was before the movies were made, but a lot of people, even fans of Marvel aren't aware of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I can see a lot of the die hard comic books fans going to see it and anyone that thinks it looks interesting, but it's definitely not a mainstream movie.

I'm not saying it won't be a good movie, hell it could be the best movie of 2014, but it's not like the Marvel movies made in the past. The average person knew who Spider Man was before the movies were made, but a lot of people, even fans of Marvel aren't aware of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I can see a lot of the die hard comic books fans going to see it and anyone that thinks it looks interesting, but it's definitely not a mainstream movie.

The average person knew Spider-Man, sure, but Iron Man? Thor? Those were not properties known to general audiences before Marvel made those movies. Marvel Studios seems confident they can make Guardians mainstream.

I don't watch movie trailers anymore but I am really excited for this movie. Started reading the comic series last year and really enjoying it. Kind of amazing that this less known series (compared to Avengers, X-Men etc) is getting a summer blockbuster. And the casting seems pretty good.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I'm glad it's working out for them. They took a risk with GotG, not in the least by letting Gunn do his thing and it seems like a genuinely fun movie. Sadly I have been having to watch everyone gush over the movie on the internet while it's not even out hereyet. Waiting is so hard!

Archived