Home

What If.... Knights of the Old Republic 3 mod for Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous

PurplePanda

Do you want a Knights of the Old Republic 3?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Knights of the Old Republic 3?

• Yes, please. Call Disney now!
    • No, you're stupid.
    • Ehh, maybe. We'll see....
    • I don't really care at all

There are two open galaxy games coming out in the distant future called "Elite Dangerous" and "Star Citizen". If there was a mod for either of these games, and that mod was focused on being what Kotor 3 would have been, what would you think? Do you think it would be the closest we will ever get to an actual Knights of the Old Republic Three or am I just being pessimistic and doubtful about Disney contracting a company to make Kotor 3?

Assuming that SC follows through on their promise of releasing private servers, there will certainly be Star Wars complete conversions (along with ever other SF franchise ever), and I don't doubt some Old Republic era ships will turn up. The Ebon Hawk is an obvious choice as a player ship. I have no idea what Elite's plans are for official modding support, as I haven't really been following it.

However, you should severely curtail your expectations about what this would actually be in practice. It would be a reskin of another game, primarily focused on space combat, with some trading thrown in. It will not, in any way, shape or form, be a KOTOR sequel. Now, that being said, if you wanted to speculate that we will see a true successor to the likes of the X-Wing games, then you might be on the right track, as that is pretty much what the base game is already set up to do.

Archived