Home

Animation question and saber/powers request.

bunjeeman

Hey, so I've been brainstorming ideas, and I was wondering if the animations for the double bladed sabers could be altered to change the position of the left hand just slightly?

Next, I've been trying to do some custom saber colours but I can't get it to work. Could I trouble someone to take a look at my work and try to find where I went wrong? If not, could I ask that someone take up the task? (I'll PM details if someone does take it up)

Same thing with some custom powers. Got quite a few, but I'll only list some of the ones I want to make sure would work. Again, I'll PM details if anyone is interested.

Assassinate.

Force based sneak attack that doesn't break stealth.

Shii-Cho and Makashi.

Old idea I'm still working on. The forms are buff powers that last for an hour or so (to avoid the hassle of recasting all the time), but they cancel eachother out - you can't have both active.

Drain droid and drain allies.

Self explanatory.

Thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...
Shii-Cho and Makashi.

Old idea I'm still working on. The forms are buff powers that last for an hour or so (to avoid the hassle of recasting all the time), but they cancel eachother out - you can't have both active.

So, you want these two TSL lightsaber forms to be K1 force powers with the same buffs?

well I do think he wants all 7 lightsaber forms.

I do, but I've got to balance them all out. That means a lot of testing.

So, you want these two TSL lightsaber forms to be K1 force powers with the same buffs?

No, these will be different in a lot of ways. At present, they are planned to be three tier powers (proficiency, improved, and master), with +1's and 2's at the lowest and +3's and 4's at the highest. Another difference is that each form will have drawbacks:

Shii Cho; Attack mod -2 vs Jedi (if the 'vs lightsabers' function is available for K1).

Makashi; -4 to deflect and -2 to strength (drawing from the lack of kinetic energy in the forms canon description).

They have very useful applications despite this, such as force resistance for Makashi and Shii-Cho having evenly spread bonuses to attack, defence, and deflect.

No, these will be different in a lot of ways. At present, they are planned to be three tier powers (proficiency, improved, and master), with +1's and 2's at the lowest and +3's and 4's at the highest. Another difference is that each form will have drawbacks:

Shii Cho; Attack mod -2 vs Jedi (if the 'vs lightsabers' function is available for K1).

Makashi; -4 to deflect and -2 to strength (drawing from the lack of kinetic energy in the forms canon description).

They have very useful applications despite this, such as force resistance for Makashi and Shii-Cho having evenly spread bonuses to attack, defence, and deflect.

Alright, so what do you want help with, exactly?

For the force forms and force powers, I just need scripts. I've tried a few times, but I can't get them to work.

The animation part, unnecessary now that I've given it some thought. Disregard that one.

The custom sabers, meanwhile, I have a lot done on (I followed every step), but they still don't work. I'm hoping someone can take a look and find what I missed (so I know what to do). But if anyone would rather just do the whole thing, that's fine too.

For the force forms and force powers, I just need scripts. I've tried a few times, but I can't get them to work.

Try this script I spliced together; it compiles, but I haven't tested it:

#include "k_inc_debug"
#include "k_inc_force"

void main() {   
   effect eLink1, eLink2;

eLink1 = EffectDamageReduction(10, 0);
           eLink1 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink1, EffectSavingThrowIncrease(SAVING_THROW_REFLEX, 2));
           eLink1 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink1, EffectAttackIncrease(2));      
           eLink1 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink1, EffectAbilityDecrease(ABILITY_STRENGTH, 2));
           eLink1 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink1, EffectBlasterDeflectionIncrease(2));
           eLink2 = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_IMP_MIND_FORCE);
           eLink1 = SetEffectIcon(eLink1, 10);
           Sp_ApplyEffects(FALSE, OBJECT_SELF, 30.0, 1, eLink1, 3600.0, eLink2, 0.0);
}

I haven't come up with a 'vs lightsaber' buff offhand, and this doesn't include the removal of other forms (partly because this is the only one I've done, and partly because it's somewhat more complicated to remove a custom force power). Lemme know how this works

this is a silly question relating to relating to the thread. I recently downloaded TamerBill's Content pack with the new feats and stuff. yes they do work.

I was wondering if we can make new feats. I do suspect there will much work around.

I do have a few ideas for new classes. At least one of them is learnable for PC and can be taught to the other Jedi. And One of the My fandom characters will use the new Jedi Class.

As far as I'm told, new feats aren't possible in regards to attacks and passive abilities. Abilities that sit there and do nothing but act as a prerequisite, sure, those are possible.

New classes, depends on how you're going to do it. Going through the existing classes system, you can only add non-Jedi classes, as the force powers won't work for custom classes.

You could, on the other hand, try adding a feat/power that sits there and does nothing but act as a prerequisite; you get it by whatever means, and you can then get other powers/skills/attributes based on that (feats would be a bit of a stretch, as those can get quite messy when you add them on more than the original program does).

Moving back to the thread topic, the script didn't work. I'll take it to the Script Shack, if that's alright.

Meanwhile, anyone interested in helping with the custom sabers?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived