Home

so, did anyone actually buy the special editions?

Natty

I remember them being announced and all excited over it and then just never got around to buying them. However, since Roy messaged me it's made me realize I never bought them. I just don't know where I buy them from. On the official LucasArts website it's got purchase links, but I don't understand, is that to download it straight to the PC? Do they still make it in CD format? I'm so confused, and I don't even know if they'd ship to Australia!

Awsome :) thanks :) looks like I know what I'll be spending my next pay on. Kind of glad it is digital download only. If I was to go into a computer gaming shop it would be something stupid like $93975491 in Australia (well not really, but still)

I have to be honest, I've never played them all the way through. I downloaded the demos and was mighty impressed with how they've managed to update the graphics, but still keep a retro feel.

Playing them is on my to-do list along with 34252 other things. However I might find myself hankering for VGA graphics again and end up playing the old versions just for nostalgia. I do that a lot these days....must be my age.

I still yearn to make the ultimate Monkey Island 1/2 style tribute fan game....but after many failed attempts with AGS, I know that's a distant dream lol.

I play it with the kids now and then, currently we go through CMI. It's cool to see how they manage going from "no plan about adventure games" to "hey dad you can't remember, but we figured it out". I was 14 when playing SoMI the first time when it came out and took me a week to beat it. They're 6 and 11.

• 1 month later...

ScummVM on the Nintendo DS is the best thing. Well, it was prior to smart phones being a thing. So it's more accurate to say ScummVM on the Nintendo DS was the best thing but it has now been superseded and is no longer the best thing.

Archived