Home

Getting rid of old games

Darth Avlectus

Ok. So I have collected a number of games over the years, a lot of them I never played and probably never will, others just don't hold much sentimental value to me. I've inherited some here, bought a bunch for cheap there, my sister shoved a bunch off on me, others ended up in my possession anyhow.

I think parting ways with a lot of this baggage will be good. It's just that time in my life where I gotta move on. Yeah I'm not far from joining the fleet of the 30's...or is it the permanently 29 club? :D

So's at any rate, I'm only keeping what really matters to me. Gonna have to move in the foreseeable future. Just can't take it all with me. Don't intend to try.

I know of a retro game store nearby. Is there any sort of "Kelly Blue Book" for older games? Mind you I don't have any games on hand right this second. If there's sufficient interest, I'll post a more specific list right here of what I have that I'm considering selling. Will revise upon ascertaining actual games.

Games for Consoles

NES

SNES

Game Boy (classic, color)

Virtual Boy + mario tennis. Works but needed repairs as it came like this.

PS1

PS2

Feel free to inquire. Most of the games in question are in the NES category. But at least a few in all others, save for virtual boy.

I would honestly just sell it on ebay as a single lot. If there are any real gems in there that are worth a ton of money, you take those out and sell them individually...

Not sure if a retro game store is gonna give you the best deal for your items but that may just be a bold assumption.

I've been doing pretty much what you've been doing to get stuff outta the house and make some money on the side while I look for a job. I've sold a few games so far, and while there may be some "blue book" that has values of games...you really have to go with the market that exists on things like ebay and amazon to truly determine the values. Things that may be valued at $100 may only be selling for $50 online, and game stores understand the concept as well because they are competing directly against ebay, amazon, etc.

That's all pretty much what I already figured.

Retro game store is a business like any other. Yeah they'll take you for a chump if you let them. They're basically like GameStop but for older games.

I already know that stuff. I'm probably going to craigslist it. As for ebay... the reason customers make off so well is because taxes and fees for sellers skim quite a bit off the top so profits are pretty marginalized. But I haven't many options, true.

So before I reach out there, I'm making it known here first if anyone is looking for anything in particular. I want to give friends and familiar folks the benefit of getting there first.

I have several NES units I am using OEM parts to refurb. Few if any accessories though. I can *probably* find some if you want a full set.

BTW I can also change the color of the power on light to pretty much any LED color you want, for a little extra.

I have a lot more but need to go to storage to find all of them, also a lot of stuff was stolen during a break in so some of these might have vanished unfortunately... Here's to the best of my memory

NES

Astyanax

Bad Dudes

Desert Commander

Iron Tank: Invasion of Normandy by SNK

Fester's Quest

Rampage

WWF Wrestlemania

WWF Wrestlemania steel cage challenge

Friday the 13th (I've beat it so many times Jason is laughable, can't beat the world record time 3m03s though--my best is 7m39s.)

The Simpsons: Bart and the Space Mutants

R.C. Pro-Am

ExciteBike

Captain Skyhawk

Marble Madness

Alpha Mission

Tiger Heli

Tetris

Tetris 2

Trojan

Spare zelda 1 --Cosmetic damage and battery for memory needs replacement

Spare Zelda 2 --cosmetic damage--battery probably also needs replacerment

(both of which I can probably fix)

Ninja Gaiden*

NES Pro Wrestling*

Commando*

Bionic Commando*

Hogan's Alley*

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!!*

SNES games:

*Might* have 1 spare console

Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World all in 1

Super Street Fighter II*

*I might have a little trouble letting go of these.

Game boy classic:

Yoshi

Super Mario World (sun faded the upper part of label)

Unidentified japanese game by Square (plays like Zelda)

Beavis and Butt-Head

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response - been busy lately unfortunately. So, just so I understand correctly, the NES is the console you're selling and the rest of the stuff is just games? More than anything, I've always wanted to try and get an SNES console.

Archived