Home

[Unconfirmed] Glitch to get saber staff + dual wield another lightsaber

Dyonisian

Quick introduction - Hello everyone, I'm new here. Going through a sort of star wars phase again after many years. I rejoined the forums when I started playing kotor for the first time a few weeks back. Now I'm finished with both KOTOR 1 and 2, so decided to return to jedi academy after 3-4 years.

On topic - I remember the last time I played JA, I discovered a glitch by mistake. An AWESOME glitch lol. I managed to somehow get a saberstaff in one hand and a second blade in the other. And the glitch stayed active once I had got it to work.

Besides looking amazingly cool and being the only jedi in known history to attempt something so reckless lol, it was quite useful because it combined the techniques of both styles too. I could use the crouch+forward+attack saber twirl attack that dual wielding allows, and I didn't have to deal with the dual sabers crappy att + alt att move. So all the combinations worked perfectly and the saber staff att + alt att move was used.

I remember at the time I came to the lucas forums and tried to search if this was a known glitch, but I couldn't really find anything.

Now I'm playing JA again, and I haven't tried this yet. I don't remember the exact details of how I made it work, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

I waited till I was able to get the option to dual wield in game, without cheats. After that I remember specifically I was in Chandrilla, just at the start of the level. What I did next was use cheats to give me a saberstaff instead of dual wielding, and then I either saved and reloaded this save or reloaded the save before I had used the saberstaff cheat. It might have been the other way round though - obtain saberstaff the legit way, use cheats for dual wielding sabers, and then save and reload or reload the save right before the cheat was used.

I intend to try this again myself, but in case this is a known glitch or if anyone else wants to help me test this, that'd be great. Let me know if you know anything about this.

Also I was definitely in Chandrila, playing a zabrak. And using the unpatched version, and I still am. Just for the sake of this glitch lol. Thanks

I wouldn't know how to lol. I didn't even know people modded this game till a few days ago. Any idea how difficult it would be to learn how to? I've never tried modding a game but I have some basic programming experience (Studied C++ in school for 2 years) if that helps.

I tried to do it again using just cheats, without waiting to get the dual sabers. Didn't work :/ Wish I had my old save file. I thought I had saved it someplace, but the only save files i found were even older than those.

I'm new to the forums, so a friendly hello to the community.

I first played JA a few years ago, but my computer died on me and with very little money to work with, bills had to come first. A got a new computer a few months ago and I reinstalled JA. Been playing and loving it ever since. Even got a few friends of mine hooked on it to. lol

As for this bug, it is possible. I actually "just" did it a few days ago. It was a complete accident and I have no idea how I did it, but I do want to figure out how so I can mention it here. (And so I can abuse the hell out of it cuz it looks so friggin cool!! XD)

I'm pretty sure I figured it out, but it "does" require a cheat code to work. Throughout the game you'll need to obtain a saber staff and once you have it, deactivate your lightsaber and use the "give all" cheat and it'll automatically restore your original lightsaber in your left hand and you'll keep your saber staff in your right hand.

• 2 weeks later...

For multiplayer:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Dual_Lightstaff_Mod;24138#Download

For single player:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jao1e9e1kxyw1m9/saberx.pk3

Place the file in the Jedi Academy base folder. In the game open the console and type "saber saberx saberx" without quotes. So you'd have a character with two double-bladed lightsabers.

Archived