Home

PS2 problemos.

Umisaurus

Hello there! I have a problem with my PS2 version of the game. Anyone here that can help, I would really appreciate it.

Here goes:

I'm in Act III+, and after I pull the switch and let the cutscenes play out, it goes to load the final bout of Monkey Kombat and......

nothing happens.

You can hear the change of background music, but the screen just continues to say "Loading..." and the last image is frozen there. I've tried both skipping the scenes and using a different disk, but nothing happens. This is really frustrating me to death because I *really* want to finish this game and start another. What gives? Can anyone suggest anything (except for starting a new game)?

~Umisaurus~

Unfortunately, with the PS2 version, there's really not too much we can suggest in terms of tech support, since the platform is (supposedly) using fixed hardware and software, and there would be no way to apply a patch even if there is one.

The only thing that I can think of right now is that the disc you have could be defective (though I'm not sure what you mean by using a different disk--do you have two copies of the game?), so the best thing to do is probably to contact LucasArts Tech Support first, to see if they know of this problem, and if there's a possible workaround (you should be able to find their number in the back of the instruction manual).

Otherwise, you might have to go back to the store, and ask to exchange copies. (Unless you've already done that.)

------------------

brief.gif

"I see you are trained in the arts of Monkey Kombat."

--Guybrush Threepwood, Escape From Monkey Island

Well, I rented another copy of MI4 to see if it was my disk, and lo and behold that particular one doesn't work either. I had this happen once before and LucasArts (being the nicest game company about this kind of issue) said they would mail me a new one to use for a return. I didn't want to resort to that or to restarting my game (which I did last time to get out of the freeze), but I guess that's what I will have to do.

Thanks for your help, brief! You Devil Skulls are a great bunch of moderators!

~Umisaurus~

Here's an alternative suggestion..

Do you have any earlier savegames in your memory disk?

If so, try restarting from there, and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the compliment, and sorry I couldn't be of more help.

------------------

brief.gif

Virus Alert: Windows detected. Format Hard Drive? (Y/Y)

Archived