Home

Veteran badges for old regulars

RoyTordesLegend

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't drink :halo2:

If you don't mind me asking Artisa, is this religion/upbringing related, or do you just not like it?

I can take or leave the booze, in fact I was out on Sunday with 'the boys' and took the car, drank fizzy pop all night and watched most amused as they all got smashed off their faces and embarrassed themselves in a variety of comical ways.

However I then had the pleasure of running them home at 2:30am, completely forgetting I had work at 7:50am, gah.

If you don't mind me asking Artisa, is this religion/upbringing related, or do you just not like it?

All of the above. It smells funny. It probably tastes funny too. And it shrivels your liver and totals your cars.

All of the above. It smells funny. It probably tastes funny too. And it shrivels your liver and totals your cars.

Lol it does, it does. I do dabble from time to time, but can totally take it or leave it, and in fact have gone years without touching the stuff.

Very sensible. I'm honestly not sure why most people seem to love it so much.

I do dabble from time to time, but can totally take it or leave it, and in fact have gone years without touching the stuff.

:thumbsup:

Very sensible. I'm honestly not sure why most people seem to love it so much.

Addiction? :giveup: That's another thing - I think I'd have a serious problem handling addiction to the stuff if I ever became a drunk. :(

On a slightly unrelated note, I hate the smell of smoke too. :dozey: Don't smoke people, it's the number one cause of lung cancer among men, which is the most common cancer among men, plus the second hand smoke has like a hundred times more carcinogens than first hand smoke, and it can mess up your unborn kids too!

Health advice of the day complete. :halo2:

I do find that two to three beers after work makes for a crisp, delicious reward for a day well put in. ;) In my home, within staggering distance of bed, and with all firearms safely put up.

Hard alcohol? On special occasions, yes. Hard drinking every day...well, I just can't roll like that anymore.

Gave up smoking tobacco ten years ago. Stupidest habit I ever picked up in the first place...

Smoking the other? :max: Strictly medicinal, and legal for that use in Oregon. *Cough!*

Don't mess with ANYTHING not mentioned above, or risk becoming a junkie. I doubt any of you lot would dabble with that stuff, but I have said my piece.

Never smoked. Had a draw out of a joint once, really didn't like the feeling of smoke entering my respiratory system. Bleh. I'd rather have cookies.

Not a big drinker either. I do have the occasional beer, but then just a couple. I don't get dead drunk anymore; 3 times in my life is enough.

Never did ANY of the above :xp:

The thought of it at this point of time sickens me - I've been having a crappy day involving runny noses and high fevers, affecting my ability to stand straight, which I'm pretty sure is not too far off from being drunk.

Archived