Home

Is playing on after completing the story worth it on F2P?

Ferrin13

After double Xp weekend I'm at 49 and heading for Corellia, and I have started to think about what to do after I finish the story. Should I just start an alt and just use my 50 to feed stuff down to it? Or is there fun stuff to do at 50 (outside of PVP, I've never been a fan of PVP in MMORPGs)? And how much communication is required for completing Flashpoints/ops? Can you just go in with random people, never say a word to each other, do your classes job, and leave?

1. There are 7 more stories.

2. There are daily planets with some story quest, but don't expect much there except of Ilum and Belsavis.

3. If you know the FP, then yes the can be done with minimum conversations. Most you will have to say a few words, but it can be done in chat. Mainly if you can type Hi, Yes, No, Sorry, Thanks, no problem and Bye. That is all you ever have to say. Just be willing to respond to Do you know the fight?. Ready, Hello, Thanks and be willing to apologize when you make a mistake. Just follow directions and do it their way if you are not willing to talk beyond simple replies.

Good advice from mimartin. I don't really enjoy the group missions/flashpoints either. I've skipped nearly every heroic through 2 characters now, and only completed a few flashpoints here and there (I had to see the Revan arc conclusion).

You can get through most with minimal conversation. The biggest problem I have is that I haven't done the flashpoints 50 times like a lot of players have, so I am not as familiar with where to go, what to expect, how to fight, etc. I end up taking longer. I also like to hear the conversation, so I typically don't "space bar" through it, which irritates some people who have done the mission many times, or don't care to hear the story behind it.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone else that plays, or I would do heroics and FPs with them. I did join a guild at the onset of the game, but I ended up leaving it. Maybe I just need to find a better guild.

Yes I think that's a good approach. The Flashpoints are actually fun, and I find the story arcs contained therein to be interesting (especially the Revan arc) - so I do think they're worth trying. IMO, the only downside is having to group play to complete them, which I don't really enjoy.

I am on my 2nd character now (started with Sith Inquisitor, now running with Jedi Knight), and I am really enjoying the new class story. You can always start a new character and then jump back to the old one if you just want to play for 30 mins - 1 hr to complete a flashpoint that you haven't done before. There are lots of them - I've only done a handful.

Archived