Home

Datacron Hunting

Gurges-Ahter

How do you guys (& gals) feel about datacron hunting?

I often get annoyed with all of the jumping and waiting, but I will admit it's intensely satisfying when I finally arrive at the datacron and get my bonus.

I do feel like it's cheating a bit when I look up how to get there on youtube, but I'd never find 90% of them otherwise.

Yeah without dulfy, I would have never gotten them on my main. Some you would never even know the existed like the makeb 10+ endurance. I looking is cheating then I cheated a lot.

Good to get them all, but I am waiting for legacy wide datacron unlocks, once is enough.

Yeah some of them are crazy hard to find, even if you explored every inch of every map. I found the first 2 on my own with my first character, and then decided to look up the rest. I had already missed 5 or so because I wasn't aware there were 4+ on each planet.

I've gotten all of them so far on my 2nd character. After this one I would agree that legacy wide unlocks would be nice. Waiting 40 minutes for a weather balloon on Tatooine is draining.

• 3 weeks later...

It can be obnoxious, especially when it costs so much time and effort to go back for them. But it's worth it in the end.

Off the top of my head, with Sam I've gotten ones from Nar Shadda, Ord Mantell, Coruscant, that bug planet, tatooine, and was in the process of nabbing ones on alderaan. Problem is my roomie moved out and his comp had the game and my toon.

To put it lightly...while we're still friends, he owes quite a bit on internet overages, food he couldn't pay back, and shorting on rent several months there.

What time I did have with it I learned of 'crons in the fleet for both sides. Those are the best and also the most difficult to obtain.

I've found some on most planets I've visited. I got the two on the tatooine sandcrawler. The latter one for STR being a little more difficult to get but since apparently I still have action game reflexes, I was able to devise a strategy that worked the first time.

You line up above with where the platform is below that you fall to. Stand such that you'll face the 'cron when you fall on the platform (back facing outward). Jump and while in midair, make *little taps* backwards on the direction pad and be absolutely sure the camera is looking down on your toon from above. Line up and do it right, you'll get it. It was actually easier than I thought it'd be.

So far, with my Jedi Sentinel, I've only missed 1 datacron (just finished my class story on Voss). It was the one (I think on Hoth) where you have to fight a level 47 champion droid before you can get the datacron. I'm about to head back to Hoth for the bonus series, so hopefully I'll be able to get it this time around.

Archived