Home

Favorite Planet

Gurges-Ahter

What is your favorite planet to play on SWTOR?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite planet to play on SWTOR?

• Alderaan
    • Balmorra
    • Belsavis
    • Corellia
    • Coruscant
    • Dromund Kaas
    • Hoth
    • Hutta
    • Ilum
    • Korriban
    • Makeb
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Ord Mantell
    • Quesh
    • Taris
    • Tatooine
    • Tython
    • Voss
    • Yoda

I know people hate it, I love Makeb and Oricon. Always stuff to kill there and the respawn rate is really fast. I also just really love the look of Makeb and both Oricon and Makeb can have some challenging boss fights.

Hate Hoth and Belsavis with a passion. Also don't like Taris on Imp side. Night all the time isn't for me.

I chose Korriban and Taris... though I loved a lot of them. I would give an honorable mention to Tatooine.

Korriban is always fun for me. I just dig the look and the Sith lore. I started there with my first character (Sith Inquisitor) and loved having to revisit for various reasons.

I chose Taris solely for the nods to KotOR. The swoop track area was fun to explore and I loved the remains of the Ebon Hawk and The Promised Land.

Maybe it was the wide eyed first-ever-MMORPG-map effect, but I loved Tython. It feels really big, but it isn't so big that I couldn't keep reasonable track of all the locations when I was first there. I also am a much bigger fan of the maps that you can run to any location, even though the taxis are faster, than the ones you can't (like Shadda, Coruscant, Corellia, etc.)

Maybe it was the wide eyed first-ever-MMORPG-map effect, but I loved Tython. It feels really big, but it isn't so big that I couldn't keep reasonable track of all the locations when I was first there. I also am a much bigger fan of the maps that you can run to any location, even though the taxis are faster, than the ones you can't (like Shadda, Coruscant, Corellia, etc.)

I really liked Tython as well... I think I might feel the same way you do about it if I had started with a Jedi as my first character. My first was a Sith, so Korriban was my start.

I think the only thing Tython was missing for me was a feeling of mysticism, being the birthplace of the Jedi and all that. I was really looking forward to going there (I was actually hoping my Sith character would go there, until I later learned how the game worked and that it's a Republic planet only). When I started my Jedi, I liked Tython, but felt it could have had a little more magic to it. Korriban and Dromund Kaas had that feel on the Sith side for me. I did like the area that had the ancient Jedi statues - that was cool.

There's a book called "Dawn of the Jedi" that talks a lot about an ancient chasm with untold secrets and mysteries of the ancient Jedi. Something like that would have added to that feeling of mysticism I was looking for.

Archived