Home

Kotor 2 Force Powers

anti0matter

Hello all. I was wondering if a mod could be made that made 2 force power sets, both light side and slight mirrors of dark side powers in terms of use:

Disturbance > Turbulence > Forcequake

This would be similar to shock>lightning>storm in terms of damage and targeting but for the visual effect I was hoping to get a visual blurring around the targets.

Diminish > Weaken > Exhaust

A light side mirror of Slow>Affliction>Plague

Thanks to anyone willing to do this.

• 3 weeks later...
Creating the new force powers that are virtually identical to old ones I could probably do pretty easily, but I can't say I know how to do the visual effects; not sure how important that is to you.

Hmm... Might look into the "_STEALTH" lines in the visualeffects.2da, and the distort.tga and .txi in the textures.bif for K1 in KT...

Visual effects are secondary. If you can make them happen that's great, if not its OK. Thanks for doing it.

To be honest, I wouldn't even really know where to start with the VFX, but I can certainly take a peek (with FS's comment in mind) and see if any solution presents itself =) I'll try to start on it shortly after TSL finishes installing on my laptop, and I doubt it should take too long.

EDIT: Alright, I seem to have the Disturbance/Turbulence/Quake powers working well; unlike those, I probably won't have to actually change the code for the other powers, mostly just 2DA editing, so they should be easier

Archived