Home

Will Class Stories Continue?

Gurges-Ahter

I really hope they do, but I have my fears that they will not. The Class Story is (by far) my favorite part of the game, and I feel like some of the story lines have yet to peak, such as (spoiler alert):

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
the Sith Inquisitor... I loved the class story, but ending up on the Dark Council doesn't seem to be the end - more like an intermission. Where's the encounter with the Emperor?

I think it might have been in the plans at one point, but from a business standpoint, it's hard to fathom. It's just too expensive to develop. I believe they have also lost a lot of the original writing team (Erickson, Karpyshyn, Freed). Also, there are alternate endings for some of the current class stories depending on your choices - that further complicates the issue.

I remain hopeful that the class stories will continue in some fashion, but my rational side is telling me that it's just not very realistic. Any thoughts?

I enjoy leveling and the story, but I also love the endgame (operations) people really don't really have to be on the one side or the other side. Makeb and Oricon pretty much show the plan right now is to continue fraction stories, but not class story. Now that can change, but the likely hood with both time and cost makes that highly doubtful to me.

I will also say just because you played a class story to 55, it does not mean you have seen it all. I have played two smugglers (plus teamed with Lynk when he was leveling his smuggler) and two consulars to 55, I still know I haven't see the everything for both classes. The detail of the class stories is really amazing IMO. I am leveling a 2nd knight now and still plan to level another Inquisitor and Warrior. I am far from losing interest in the game, because I have yet to see it all.

I agree that there is a lot of detail to the game to warrant another play-through of each character type... I just don't have the time to dedicate to do that. Because of my time constraints, I focus mostly on the class story, and parse out time to other quests as the desire arises.

My time constraints are evidenced by the fact that I've had the game since day 1, but I've only completed 1 (Sith Inquisitor) class story and part of another (Jedi Knight - level 45).

For gamers like me (I'm sure I'm the minority), not having any more class story is a little heart-breaking... but I do still have 5.2 class stories to complete to keep me busy for a long time. I'd just like some resolution to the stories I have already become so engulfed in.

At your current rate, I wouldn't worry about class story, you have years of game play left. I still need to get warrior to 55 (52 or 53 right now), right now I have 9 55s and the warrior at 52 or 53. I still need to play a male toon and a darkside toon, just can't bring myself to kick puppies thus far. :D

Personally I think the class stories were all wrapped up nicely by the end. I mainly like more class stories just to get more one liners from my smugglers. However, as long as they bring me a few of those in expansions and added flashpoints, I will survive.

Show spoiler
the Sith Inquisitor... I loved the class story, but ending up on the Dark Council doesn't seem to be the end - more like an intermission. Where's the encounter with the Emperor?

Sorry just read spoiler....without spoiling I will just say you need to finish playing other classes to get the rest of that story. Hint Hint Jedi Knight.

I am currently playing a Jedi Knight, so hopefully that will help resolve some of the issues I had with lack of closure on the Sith Inquisitor class story. I was already a little spoiled to that story line because I was considering reading one of the TOR novels and did some research to see if it would spoil me completely before purchasing it. In my research I found out that

Show spoiler
the Jedi Knight encounters the emperor.

It bothered me that I saw that when trying to research to avoid spoilers, but I can't unsee it now.

It bothered me that I saw that when trying to research to avoid spoilers, but I can't unsee it now.
I will also say, pay close attention to companion coversation with the knight. Really well written story within the story (even if I didn't like the content).

I will also say, pay close attention to companion coversation with the knight. Really well written story within the story (even if I didn't like the content).

Thanks for the tip. So far I've mainly focused on the love interest (Kira), but there was a thread with my droid that seemed interesting. I just never use him on missions, so it's hard to gain affection without spending credits on companion gifts.

Thanks for the tip. So far I've mainly focused on the love interest (Kira), but there was a thread with my droid that seemed interesting. I just never use him on missions, so it's hard to gain affection without spending credits on companion gifts.

Yea, I remember doing it that way. Now I am after achievements, so I use companions until I get each to 1000 kills. A easy way to get credits and gain affection, but you have to wait until you are right around 50. Ilum and Belsavis dailies provide conversations that give affection, just do those at 50 and then use some of the credits on gifts. However, you do have to wait until around 48 to 50 if you don't want to die a lot. :xp:

Yea, I remember doing it that way. Now I am after achievements, so I use companions until I get each to 1000 kills. A easy way to get credits and gain affection, but you have to wait until you are right around 50. Ilum and Belsavis dailies provide conversations that give affection, just do those at 50 and then use some of the credits on gifts. However, you do have to wait until around 48 to 50 if you don't want to die a lot. :xp:

Good to know - thanks. I should be around 50 soon... I'm at 45 now and still only on Hoth - around 5 levels above the guys I'm fighting. I gained a ton of XP one weekend where there was a 200% XP bonus. I guess could do the same for my Sith Inquisitor (level 53) that I basically abandoned after I finished the class story.

I just got a new companion:

Show spoiler
Lord Scourge

which I'm pretty excited about given his role in the EU novel I read a while back. Is this the guy I'm supposed to "pay close attention to companion conversation"? I've just about maxed out my affection with Kira at this point, so I'm thinking of mostly taking him along with me on missions to gain affection until I hit 50 and can hit the Belsavis and Ilum dailies you mentioned.

I'm definitely intrigued, so I will pursue.

However, I took out my new guy on a few missions these past few days... and man he dies so quickly every time. I need to improve his gear a bit - he's missing a helmet and ear piece... but for someone with heavy armor, he sure does die quickly.

I usually work with Kira or Doc, and haven't ever had an issue with either of those (despite Kira wearing light armor). Hopefully I can pick up a few pieces and make him more worthwhile.

Gurges-Ahter, my experience with him was the same, he dies really fast and his heal ability isn't really worth it.

Show spoiler
If all you are interested in his story line, you might be better off just loading up on gifts and not using him as a companion. This is especially true if you're playing light side, as I was. He and Rusk (who is completely worthless in my opinion) are the only ones who like DS choices. And even if you are playing DS, there probably aren't enough opportunities left to max out his affection without using gifts anyway.

Gurges-Ahter, my experience with him was the same, he dies really fast and his heal ability isn't really worth it.

Show spoiler
If all you are interested in his story line, you might be better off just loading up on gifts and not using him as a companion. This is especially true if you're playing light side, as I was. He and Rusk (who is completely worthless in my opinion) are the only ones who like DS choices. And even if you are playing DS, there probably aren't enough opportunities left to max out his affection without using gifts anyway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I thought the exact same on both of the companions you mentioned. TBH, I don't like Doc either... I use him all the time b/c of his heals, but I can't stand the character. He's so douchey.

As for loading up on gifts - any tips? I did that on my last character (Sith Inquisitor) to catch up on affection with his love interest, since I never used her during missions (I always used the healer). I ended up buying a bundle of companion gifts through the Galactic Trade Market - it seemed to be more cost-effective than going through a companion gift vendor.

I haven't done much with gifts personally, I've been hoarding credits like a Hutt trying to get some account wide unlocks. In general, it's always a better idea to use the GTN than vendors since (most) people know not to sell items above the vendor's prices.

I totally agree about Doc, I think he's the most annoying companion for the Knight, but he's much better than Kira for boss fights (and just in general, really). Even then, I didn't start using him until I maxed Kira's affection.

Archived