Home

Garden Art Studio (aka large shed) build

RoyTordesLegend

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, to Huz you must listen. :max:

Ordinary humans should be so confounded by the shed's nature that they go into a startled state of denial on first sight. Lifelike 25th century art droids should guard the entrance, with Ganymede orchids growing on the ceiling. There will be intelligent monkeys in plastic zoot suits playing ragtime jazz. Absinthe should be on hand to help one adjust.

Where is the unicorn hitching post?

:dozey: I don't have a unicorn. My pterodactyl is hungry.

• 2 weeks later...
WOW you work fast Roy! :eek: And I totally thought it was painted lol :p Looks like you're just about done! :D

Lol, it's not painted, that green stuff is just timber preserve to stop the 'shell' turning to weetabix. It'll be clad in this stuff:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiplap, and painted a proper rich dark green.

and all the window/door frames will be sanded, primed and painted dark brown like the doors.

I made the window frames myself btw, the double glazed glass panels (all six of them) were £18 (£3 each) from a local reclamation yard.

• 2 weeks later...
Clearly he can do anything! :eek: Like Bob the Builder! :rolleyes:

Yesterday I was hammering out a ridiculously large dent on the missus Nissan Micra, skimming it with filler and priming it ready for spray paint. I shall be spraying the entire side of the car next week, and buffing the rest of the paint to match.

Don't worry, it's an age thing, you seem to pick up 'dad skills' which is why everyones dad seems to know how to do everything.

For the record, I don't think I can afford the cladding for the shed/studio until next month now, as I'm in overdraft city a week before payday, but we shall see.

Archived