Home

[News] Episode VII Cast Announced

HED

I don't recognize many of the new names, and I'm glad for that. I like heading into these without preconceived notions. I also like that I won't be thinking about the actor on screen, and focusing on the characters as intended. That is the opposite of how I felt when I saw Samuel Jackson on screen, and not Mace Windu.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess to each his own, for me Samuel L Jackson (also Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson while he was there) were the only things that made non-action scenes survivable for the prequels. I'm fine with relatively unknown actors, but I don't want another Hayden Christensen situation. If all these actors are good or at least passable, yay, but looking at their IMDBs, I wonder...

I guess to each his own, for me Samuel L Jackson (also Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson while he was there) were the only things that made non-action scenes survivable for the prequels. I'm fine with relatively unknown actors, but I don't want another Hayden Christensen situation. If all these actors are good or at least passable, yay, but looking at their IMDBs, I wonder...

The only new member of the cast who is really a total unknown is Daisy Ridley. Maybe Boyega too. Driver and Isaac aren't big names but the works they've been in recently have received very positive reception. Gleeson got a Tony nomination.

I thought McGregor and Neeson were great - Jackson didn't fit for me. I love him in his other movies, but Mace Windu was probably my least favorite character from the prequel trilogy.

I thought McGregor and Neeson were great - Jackson didn't fit for me. I love him in his other movies, but Mace Windu was probably my least favorite character from the prequel trilogy.

SLJ always sort of sticks out in things.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it was obvious Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford & Carrie Fisher were coming back Lucas must have dug deep into his bank account to get them back in another star wars movies Im sad there wont be a Mara Jade in this one JJ Abrahams did state a female actor aside from the announced cast would be appearing this movie so maybe it's Mara her character was still alive if this movie is set 30 years after the Return to the Jedi interesting choice of actors what they do on this movie will shape their acting careers for the future.

While it's a possibility that Mara will make it into the movie, I'd say it's chances are slim to none. The reason Disney decided to relabel the EU was exactly for this reason - they didn't want to be handcuffed by pre-existing EU "canon".

I love the EU, but I'm glad they made this move. Mara Jade is fine, but I'd rather not see a new Star Wars movie that's rehashing some EU book content, especially since much of the EU is mediocre at best. It also doesn't translate well to the big screen.

Archived