Home

Lightsabers for Non-Jedi

Silver406

Hello this is my first post here on Lucas Forums, I have a problem I have attempted to make it possible to allow Non-Jedi to use a lightsaber from the start of KotOR, not so much to play as an advantage but more for the realism that using a lightsaber should not be something that only Jedi can do.

I have attempted to modify the feats.2da file and change the parameters for lightsabers so that the basic proficiency is available to Non-Jedi by making the values the same as what you see for Jedi however, everytime I change the values I seem to be unable to get the feat available for my character I was wondering if anybody on here could tell me what the problem is.

Thank You in Advance

Nice idea, but how many non-jedi/sith do you see wielding lightsabers effectively?? Jedi are realistically the only ones who can use them because they're the only ones who have the required focus, as unlike a sword, they have no counterweight

I always envisioned it as Jedi were the only ones with a strong enough connection to the Force for them to use the force to "weight" the blade as well as their focus.