Home

Ancient technology

Zoom Rabbit

Was there an advanced civilization in the world's past?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was there an advanced civilization in the world's past?

• Yes, there were advanced human technologies in the past
    • Yes, there were alien technologies on Earth on the past
    • No, it's all malarkey
    • No, it's all balderdash
    • The advanced technologies found are actually from the future
    • Time is actually cyclical in nature; the future is the past
    • Robots are clearly stealing my post

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's drop you off into some monastary with only some blocks of wood, pigskin, a quill, some ink and an assignment: produce an old handwritten bible with pictograms and stuff. All neat and tidy.

Can't do it?

Well, I guess aliens produced those old bibles!

Oh, I could totally produce an illuminated bible. :dozey: I am creative, you know...

*(Steals Laurence Fishburne's sun glasses.)*

Note: I'm not proposing that aliens built the temples at Tiahuanaco. I'm proposing that the normal humans who did had more advanced tools to work with than stone, sand and copper chisels.

Thesis 1: alien travelers from a distant star came all the way to earth, bringing advanced technology with them, and used it to benefit the rise of mankind; that civilization then fell, causing us to start over again.

Thesis 2: human beings advanced their own technology by means of science and mathematics, benefiting the rise of mankind; that civilization then fell, causing us to start over again.

:dozey: Really? Both theories are equal in likelihood?

:dozey: Speaking of pounding sand...

;)

Okay. Just for laughs, let's drop you into the desert with nothing more than stone, sand, copper tools and an assignment: carve just one of the precision blocks pictured--to the same tolerances--out of the natural stone to be found there.

Let me know when you're done. :max: I've already tried it and admitted that I couldn't do it without using machinery. Maybe you'll have more luck.

Not that hard for someone who knows how to do it, i.e. the Incas. To make smooth surfaces, you pound out the rock with another, smaller rock, and then use yet another rock with sand to grind it down and make a smooth surface. Humans had been doing that for hundreds of years prior, even in ancient Egypt. To carve out these "impossibly precise" blocks, all you need are some copper tools... the molds of which were found on site. Carving out these stones did not require any sort of higher intelligence or extraterrestrials, just some stones, sand, copper tools, and a little bit of elbow grease.

I see you continue to believe that primitive means were used to construct the perfect angles and tolerances of the stonework depicted. So be it.

How about some of the examples I discussed on page 1, indicating a lost chapter in our history? Granted, I was only having fun with the moon stuff (although the head on the moon is intriguing) but what about:

The Antikythera device, a complex gear-driven mechanism charting the movements of the moon and planets 1,400 years before the advent of even simple clockwork mechanism in Europe?

Or the clear depiction of Antarctica on a sea map printed in 1533, when the continent itself was not discovered until 1820?

Archived