Home

Kotor Tool Source Code! - View it here -

ShortyIsHere

Hello everyone,

Just been working hard on kotor 3, got something you guys might like.

Fred Tetra's source code, i've tried to get in contact with him but his email is dead so Fred if your looking at this please give me some ideas as to why this code is not compiling. or send me the source would be so much easier :)

anyway guys i've decompiled the kotor tool using .net reflector and i for the hell cant figure it out why its erroring and not compiling as i'm trying to start updating it since fred hasn't done it in a while

but ill upload the source for everyone to download, everyone who helps get it to compile and to work will be credit and if you create your own feature let me know asap

Good Luck!

ShortyIsHere

http://www.droitechgames.com

http://www.swkotor3.com

Updated Links for KotOR Tool Source Code Decompiled into C#

Public Directory

Directory of Source Code

7z Archive with Password of fredtetra.

Source Archive File 7Zip Format.

you will also notice i've chucked in the decompiler as well, just use that to de compile the kotor tool exe and extract the source code yourself as well

Edit:07:20am Aug 12

On a last note, right now i'm currently working on a utilities box, that will help other modders out in being a whole lot faster to mod.

i will have as many tools as i can find bundled into the software, all game specific but hey, if i can refigure the kotor tool source, then perhaps i can rebuild the tool.

im still working on that one.

if someone can help me correct the errors in his source code then ill keep it updated but if i have to go through all the source and rebuild it then i will do as its an awsome little tool, add a dash of color maybe even a sound player or a few more tweeks like a 3d model viewer or something.

that sounds awesome u might just need to rebuild it cause no one has attempted to update in years...yes it still works fine for now... future issues may come from windows compatibility in the future. i may finish the map editor for it in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey it's nice to see someone is still moding for kotor in 2014. I was wondering how could i get some maps to mod them because Fred's page doesn't work and i don't have either .git files to mod them nor .gff to work with them in GFF editor. Can someone help me and explain me the process to start moding modules? (What do I need, where I can find it...) I would be very appreciated.

• 1 month later...
No luck compiling yet, huh?

Nope not yet, but im looking at just rebuilding the whole thing from scratch, by taking apart freds tool, now the only thing is, was it VB or C# i know its .net version 1, but its just the language, C# looks more promising, since the games are mostly C++.

Working on it some more tonight. Will report back what i can get up and running, as so far, i can recompile the forms, but then im left with no buttons, no labels and such, since most of it is written in the code and not in the Visual Designer which is the problem

but by examining the code, you could be able to build your own, and work around some issues. its all trial and error. and fun too.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ill get you a fresh copy of the source code guys. im working on a visual studio solution, piece by piece importing code...

ill leave an update here when i reupload the new source package..

it will be full of kinks so bear with me on it.

just makin something to eat then, i will reproduce the source code.

for VS2012 Community.

ill get you a fresh copy of the source code guys. im working on a visual studio solution, piece by piece importing code...

ill leave an update here when i reupload the new source package..

it will be full of kinks so bear with me on it.

just makin something to eat then, i will reproduce the source code.

for VS2012 Community.

Awesome!:thmbup1: If I can get this TPC format figured out it will really help my app. Currently i have to export them from the game files into a temp folder. Then run them through tpc2tga.exe. Then read the tga in the temp folder. Load it into memory and convert it to a bitmap... This would cut out the tpc2tga part an allow me to keep the whole process in memory which is how I would prefer to do it.

I'm sure there are other things I could learn from it as well. We should definitely throw this up on github as well to future-proof access to the code.

So like i said, an update, Fred Tetra Source is located here

Public Directory

http://cdev.swkotor3.com/source/ktool/

7z Archive with Password of fredtetra.

http://cdev.swkotor3.com/source/ktool/ktool_source_decompiled.7z

let me know if there is any issues.

and as for github, yeah, once it works and is able to be compiled, right now, i dont know what works and what doesnt.. but ill mash through the code tonight, see what i can clean up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a shot of The Game Music and Ambient sounds in UDK, tbh, educating each other means tearing apart games... so be it.

SoundPack_UDK_CE.JPG

Just drop the UPK's into your content dir. and have fun. with em, will be doing all the assets into a modern engine where people can have some real dev fun with em, no harm in that now is there... if im not mistaken this is a fair usage :)! happy educating. may the force be with you.

Archived