Home

Uh, guys... Grim Fandango is being remade by DoubleFine

spiralout

I'm still trying to process it. Guys...this is huge. It came totally out of left field, just like Tales of Monkey Island and the first Monkey Island special edition. Just imagine what the success of this re-release could mean for the other classic LucasArts titles? I'll try not to raise my hopes too high, but if this is what we can expect from Disney in the long term, they officially have my attention.

Yeah, this is fantastic news for two reasons - first, it's Grim Fandango and if this is anything close to the upgrade LucasArts did on MI2 then we're really in for a treat - and second, because it's an indication that the back catalogue now owned by Disney isn't lost forever. Grim Fandango is going to be amazing, because it's in the hands of Tim Schafer and it's already just perfect. And in the future, who's to say there won't be new Monkey Island games, or other remakes, or any crazy old thing. I am super excited :D

Haha way to go Disney! :D I hoped they wouldn't let us down when they took LucasArts, now I'm even more hopeful for more Monkey Island installments in the future!

Btw, that part of the E3 gave me much LOL time :giggle1:

I am happy that Disney really is interested in the Lucas Arts back catalogue.

I was hoping they weren't interested at all and DF could easily buy the rights.

Well, I guess we won't see a PC version at least in the next couple of years...

EDIT: Maybe not that long. :)

6MAZXqM.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived