Home

Grim Fandango: Remastered - PS4, Vita

Taak Farst

I am under a lot of pressure due to university exams right now - when this popped up in my newsfeed, all that weight was briefly lifted. I am so, SO happy to see this being made - let's just hope we'll get it on PC as well. Now excuse me while I lean back, close my eyes and listen to some "Mr. Frustration man"

Tim Schafer's Twitter :

"Talk about other platforms soon! Sony's been a great help making this happen & we're excited to be working with them on the console version!"

Had to cancel my grimFandago 4, eh ps 4 order.. phew :D

When I saw the news I had to check the calendar. I thought it was June, but it felt more like April Fool's Day.

I suppose whether or not it comes to PC (or Mac, too) will depend on how well it does on the initial platforms. Grim Fandango has always been rated critically very highly, although that didn't translate into high sales when first released. I guess we'll see if 16 years of hype leads to better results this time around. (And if they manage to get all those damned elevator doors working properly.)

2 Player Productions has a interesting short look at the game and it's upcoming rerelease:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I think the most interesting thing is Tim saying the team didn't get along so well towards the end.

And Tim seemed to be saying that they were going to be making use of Residual. That would be cool since the open source license requires that any bug fixes and improvements they make have to be shared with the project. Which won't make Residual into a stealth remastering of GF for PC/Mac, but it should make Residual's GF support much better much more quickly.

Now I understand why Tim seemed so obsessed with picking out Residual bugs when he was playing GF for the cameras recently.

I've already got a statue of Manny. Well, the little bendy thing that doesn't look even remotely like Manny. But, still.

I found this little home made thingamajig at the local equivalent of craigslist for 5 euros about a week ago - just before the announcement. Funny how these things happen. I do hope for some extra merchandise though. I'd love a model of the bone wagon with Manny and Glottis

DSC_0343_zpsmcqxyy1r.jpg

Gotta add a tie to that some day...

@Sallim

Other than the awesome GF news, it's great to see that so many old faces showed up in this thread right away. I guess one's love of Grim Fandango never dies. :)

You said it! The first thing I thought was to come here!

I was also very excited when I heard this, in fact I can't remember anything else that came out of E3 after hearing about the remake.

The PS4/Vita exclusivity doesn't bother me, it will come to PC eventually. I'd rather have Grim exclusive to PS4 for a while than it being left buried in Disney's basement forever.

In fact, I believe that it was probably only by using the leverage of Sony that Tim Schafer and DF managed to convince them to licence Grim at all.

Now I eagerly await the release date and the merchandise (where the real money is made) :thmbup1:

Archived