Home

Combating TOR fatigue

Totenkopf

So.....is anyone tired of this game yet? Been playing it since last January and find that now that I have 8 55s covering all classes, I'm starting to lose some interest. Not saying I'm ready to pitch it or anything that drastic, but could see taking a break after this summer for awhile. About the only things left I'm interested in atm (besides seeing some of the variation in the crew/class story missions) is doing the Korriban and Tython FPs. For those of you that have been playing similar lengths of time or longer, how much longer do you see yourselves playing this game?

I go through stages, I'm currently just logging in and buying outfits lol, next month I may be on all the time running WZ's, who knows... I generally never Cancel/stop playing Star Wars games, if this was another IP I probably wouldn't play as it's far from Amazing (The way factions are separated, and communication isn't good enough really lowers the potential of this game for me)

I haven't really played the game... for the sake of the game, in a really long time. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but basically I play cause there are people that I like playing with and that's really all that keeps it going for me atm.

At the lack of new story content (which is what the game promised me it would keep giving me, not the average traditional MMO thing that everyone else does)... I've ended up making my own story to compensate.

So yeah, BioWare isn't doing what they promised for me and I've gotten pretty bored of what they are doing.

Naw, it makes sense. I think aside from wanting to see the stories play out, it's the only other thing at this point that makes the game feel less tedious. Most of the time it almost feels like an SP for me.....well, that and a time sink.

• 1 month later...

I haven't played in ages. Every time I tried to give it another go so many things had changed I didn't know what I was doing and couldn't be bothered to learn again. In the end I would just go back and play some other SW game.

i play it in spurts of a week at a time. wish they would make it easier to see the new content that gets put out. i'm so sick of grouping queing for a flashpoint i haven't seen (korriban, kuat, and like 3/4 of the rest of them) only to get stuck with ****ing cz...and i go with it then the group wipes and im just there wanting to throw my laptop out the ****ing window. I wish there was more open-world pvp, chat bubbles, etc. i don't like warzones at all, and starfighter expansion would've been better if it wasn't pvp only, that pisses me off, i wait in queue the one day for like an hour and nothing. like what the ****. glad i didn't pay for that expansion. the hutt cartel expansion was pretty cool, i wish they'd come out with more planets to explore instead of these flashpoints which are ridiculously impossible to get in without an established guild/group. maybe i should just join a guild that's not picky about what kind of gear i have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't played since May of this year. Roomie moved out and was kinda flaking on other stuff anyway. Deleted all my glorious pics of my lovely Sam. :(

Hadn't played Charlie long enough for the system not to delete him. He is gone now and I will need to restart.

So, yeah. Still stuck in my sitch. My old machine is finally at rest more or less but my new one is still W.I.P. and I'm on a golem from other machines no better than the dead one.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a nice Eastern coast IMP casual guild with elite teams for those looking at having fun at all lvls - I have several 180s with set bonus.

I tried to join an NIM guild but ran away...some of these nim guilds just sound like cults..."we will test you and send you in an arena an see who comes out alive"...no ty, not interested: this is a game for fun.

Would move my pub toons (mainly a dps assassin 180 with 162 set bonus armor pieces and a lvling smuggler healer) to walking carpets if it wasn't so late for east coast :(

Archived