Home

Swamp board, now with added Yoda's hut!!!

bakgwan

Well I finally got my foam and man you gotta buy through Solartex if you live in Sydney! They're so damn cheap and delivery is pretty fast.

Anyhow following on from my Cobblestone board I'm onto my swamp board.

I've had terrain pieces hanging around my garage just waiting for the right time to get foam and the time has come. They looked a bit "placed" atm but hopefully with a bit of sand and flock they'll merge into the board, or does anyone else have any ideas?

I've always loved this board and damn me if I make boards that want water!!! I still haven't added the water to my cobblestone board because of cost and because of the way I've done my 1 foot square pieces. But this one should be a little easier as I was just gonna pour the resin into the craters, but now I'm thinking I should also pour it inbetween each crater but that's gonna cost a bomb.

Anyone know how to get the same effect one a cheap budget? Would PVA be a goer or will it go cloudy? Or do you think I should have no water inbetween the craters and just have slightly uneven ground?

I was also thinking of having a few trenches on the board but do you think it would start looking a bit too busy?

Anyhow looking forward to seeing this done (now I just need time :))

PS the suspended cork is for treasure hunting purposes :p

track.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived