Home

Original Maniac Mansion Posters

joshandstacy

I was at a gaming show and snagged a copy of Maniac Mansion with the original Commodore 64 poster for $4 (the disk was tested on a machine there and it didn't load but when I got it home it plays fine!)

IMAG0964_zpsjxfgcfdk.jpg

I also have a boxed copy of the NES game with the poster and I noticed that they are quite different in size The NES copy is two sided and much smaller (the blue one which is laying on top of the brown (c64) one:

IMAG0981_zpspyb4oav4.jpg[/url]

I'm not sure if there are any content changes either (I just snapped the pictures quickly).

I was wondering if a high res scan/photo already exists or if I should try to capture some for posterity. Any suggestions on the best way to do so (The C64 version of the poser is HUGE and won't fit on a scanner bed)

Looks good! If you don't get any response here you could try posting in the LucasArts Posters thread, as I'm sure the people there have plenty of experience of making high-res scans of large posters.

In an ideal world a mod would move this thread to General Discussion where it'll get a bigger audience (the SCUMM board is supposed to be about hacking the LucasArts mainframe or something), but if that doesn't happen you could consider reposting it there yourself!

I guess I'd be willing to scan that C64 version (assuming it's identical to all the other non-Nintendo posters). It's really invaluable if you know the game well and are trying to choose a set of characters to play with :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure what elTee comes up will be better, but halfway legible scans of both posters can be found here. It does kind of cast the more obtuse puzzles in a new light knowing that the poster offered hints for them. (Especially growing the man-eating plant and steaming open the envelope.)

EDIT: Here's a site that offers high-res scans of the full version in separate pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived