Home

Help us save the EU

JohnTK421

I think our friend means both Europe is in chaos of economic crisis & civil war in Ukraine while the galaxy is at war in different periods of each star wars characters life in existence I do agree Disney is making some bold moves on how Star Wars is moving forward I will get back to you on December 18th. later

and it needs saving because Disney is going to just rewrite everything that came before Disney bought star wars

So? The books are there for you to enjoy, are they not? Since it's all fiction, you get to pick what you like and don't like. Meanwhile, they get more artistic freedom and a new chance for better continuity between everything that will be released from now on.

Also, it was an internal decision by Lucasfilm, nothing to do with Disney.

they have just thrown out the EU as it though it were garbage

The fact that they are re-printing many EU novels proves otherwise.

I mean the Expanded Universe

and it needs saving because Disney is going to just rewrite everything that came before Disney bought star wars

they have just thrown out the EU as it though it were garbage

Disney can rewrite the star wars legacy all they want they bought the franchise from George Lucas it is there is to excel or destroy as they please if they face a fan based backlash they will just scrap it & create another what fans want is a parody.

It's not as if Disney is going to kick down your doors and take your EU merch away from you. As long as something is making profit for them, they won't clear it off the shelves either. I for one am fine with a reboot if they make a product worth paying attention to again, especially for jaded old fans like me. ;)

Remember, quality over quantity!

• 5 months later...

Apparently no one ever got around to clarifying the issue here.

The problem is not of 'removing the EU from shelves'. It's leaving it like this, with the stories not finished. I don't care about 'canon' but I do care about starting a story and being unable to finish it. The Force Unleashed is a perfect example. I've yet to be able to play the games, but I have read the books and comics. And it was obvious to me that there was meant to be a final chapter. You do not leave Vader a prisoner!:argh: This is where he was left in the official story.

And in regard to the books they were working into tying it up to the Legacy comic series with Sword of the Jedi. It was even announced.

So, given that the world is not short of ink, paper, or digital media, there is no reason this story and the others can't be continued or at least finished.

Star Wars has enough room for all. There is no excuse for selling fans story lines that they don't intend to finish and that is what they have done by deciding to cancel the EU. Ours can co exist as a separate timeline, its not too much to ask. And Disney has nothing to lose by granting us this and only profit to gain!

• 2 months later...

It could be worse... Disney could mandate that they create a multi-part comic book story or cartoon wherein it's discovered that there are all these alternate universes where all the previous Star Wars stories took place and all the old versions of the characters live and they all get destroyed in this incredible apocalyptic event, then when the dust settles only the "current timeline" (of the new movies) is preserved.

You know, like some other famous franchises... ;P

If someone up there is reading this, don't do it.

Archived