Home

Monkey Island Collection, anyone?

hgdagon

So I decided if we have Monkey Island Special Edition DVD then what about the other 2 games? Why can't we have a DVD with those games? Since LucasArts is no more, I decided to create my own. So I took Bgbennyboy's installers, edited them a bit, and decided to burn the beauty on a DVD. It was still OK at that point. But then I got too carried away and created a poster and an autorun! So with this stuff already done, I wonder if any of you would be interesting to have the same (providing Bgbennyboy doesn't mind, of course)?

P.S. The original posters are taken from this thread.

83d9a4875dda1fefbb4b878c9277ddec.png

6ab9aacc27c7716ad7f41bf37da3aae7.png

Escape

Oh, the fourth game! Dammit, I thought he was talking about... oh, well, never mind.

Yes, I admit, since The Curse, the games took, well, a bit different turn. BUT! I'm the kind of a person who tends to like the characters, you know, get involved with them, so the more they span the better (as for me). So I can't completely strike out the new games (Tales included). But, yes, I would prefer Elaine not marrying Guybrush, for one thing.

Oh, the fourth game! Dammit, I thought he was talking about... oh, well, never mind.

Yes, I admit, since The Curse, the games took, well, a bit different turn. BUT! I'm the kind of a person who tends to like the characters, you know, get involved with them, so the more they span the better (as for me). So I can't completely strike out the new games (Tales included). But, yes, I would prefer Elaine not marrying Guybrush, for one thing.

I'm not saying they're bad games, or that they somehow ruined the characters. On the contrary. I just can't shake away the fact that Curse, Escape and Tales are, at the end of the day, licensed fan-fiction. Ron had a different story (and game) to tell and unfortunately he never got to do it.

I'm not saying they're bad games, or that they somehow ruined the characters.

Yes, I understand. You would prefer something better, something... more original. Something right out of the "womb" of the author.

Ron had a different story (and game) to tell and unfortunately he never got to do it.

Yes, but, let's face it, we really don't want a Metal Gear story here with MI, right?

Sorry, didn't understand that one. I'm not a native speaker. Ron had plans for MI3?

This pretty much sums it up:-

http://monkeyisland.wikia.com/wiki/Ron_Gilbert

The first two games were Rons games. He wasn't involved in the creation of 'The Curse of Monkey Island'. His vision for a third game in the series was quite different and never released.

Archived