Home

Kreia and the Ebon Hawk/plot questions

CM Punk

In dialogue after escaping Peragus, Kreia discusses how she came upon the Exile while they were on the Harbinger, in this exposition she repeatedly says "we" as if she were with someone during/prior to the opening sequence though when we first see her she is alone feigning death, along with T3 and the unconscious Exile aboard the Ebon Hawk.

"You were difficult to find but coincidence was on our side. When I learned that you were on the vessel I knew the Sith would not be far behind. When we intercepted the Harbinger it was crippled drifting in space. It was a simple matter to board the ship and rescue you."

I've also been wondering, how did Kreia find the Ebon Hawk to begin with, I believe T3 explains that he had left the Unknown Regions in search of help for Revan and so he tracked you down but this doesn't explain how Kreia came into the picture.

Also, I believe in dialogue after your fight with Atris she reveals that she had arranged for the Exile to return to known space as a means of drawing out the Sith but what was the given reason to the Exile to explain why he/she was on board to Harbinger while it was on route to Telos to begin with, what could an Exiled Jedi have offered to the restoration efforts and is this even explained?

One last question relating to the opening, what was the "ghost" Sith Warship that first dispatched Sion and the Assassin's to the Harbinger and why had it been attacking the Ebon Hawk? Because by this point Exile is still on the Harbinger and if the ship had been returning from the Unknown Regions after 5 years there would be little reason for the Sith operating at that time to have knowledge of its importance.

• 1 month later...
In dialogue after escaping Peragus, Kreia discusses how she came upon the Exile while they were on the Harbinger, in this exposition she repeatedly says "we" as if she were with someone during/prior to the opening sequence though when we first see her she is alone feigning death, along with T3 and the unconscious Exile aboard the Ebon Hawk.

"You were difficult to find but coincidence was on our side. When I learned that you were on the vessel I knew the Sith would not be far behind. When we intercepted the Harbinger it was crippled drifting in space. It was a simple matter to board the ship and rescue you."

By saying 'we' she might be referring to herself and T3.

I've also been wondering, how did Kreia find the Ebon Hawk to begin with, I believe T3 explains that he had left the Unknown Regions in search of help for Revan and so he tracked you down but this doesn't explain how Kreia came into the picture.

I've been curious about this for a while and would like this question answered too.

One last question relating to the opening, what was the "ghost" Sith Warship that first dispatched Sion and the Assassin's to the Harbinger and why had it been attacking the Ebon Hawk? Because by this point Exile is still on the Harbinger and if the ship had been returning from the Unknown Regions after 5 years there would be little reason for the Sith operating at that time to have knowledge of its importance.

The answer to this can be found on Wookiepedia as follows:

On its way back to Telos, the Harbinger picked up a distress signal coming from a freighter, indicating that it was under attack by Sith forces. Since they could not match the ID signature of the vessel to their own databanks, the crew of the Harbinger forwarded it to the Republic and requested permission to investigate. Admiral Onasi recognized the freighter as a ship he had once traveled on, the Ebon Hawk, and gave permission to the captain of the Harbinger to divert his course. Once it had investigated the Sith presence and found all it could on the Ebon Hawk, the Harbinger was to resume its course for Telos.[2]

The Harbinger found the Ebon Hawk and a Sith warship when it arrived. Attaching an umbilical to the Sith ship, they dispatched three strike teams to investigate it. An initial sweep turned up no one. This was, in fact, because the ship had held Sith assassins, who possessed stealth abilities and were therefore able to cross back into the Harbinger without being detected. The sweep later uncovered another passenger of the Sith ship—a seeming corpse, its body displaying thousands of fractures and scars. The medical technicians of the Harbinger were unable to determine whether it was alive or dead, and so it was placed in a kolto tank.[2]

As for the freighter, an initial sweep of it turned up nothing but a T3-series utility droid and several corpses. When the crews turned up nothing else, the Harbinger tractor beamed the Ebon Hawk over to itself. It, too, brought an unexpected passenger—Kreia. The Sith had been busy in the meantime. Crewmen began missing shifts, some were unable to be reached on the comm, and some even felt that they were being watched. The medical officer prepared to perform autopsies on the corpses recovered from the Hawk.[2]

The already-compromised Harbinger then received another blow. HK-50 had arranged for a cascade failure in the ship's communications, weapons, and engine systems. The Harbinger was left crippled, drifting through space. The Jedi Exile, meanwhile, had been administered an excessive dose of sedatives during a routine medical examination, and HK-50 stashed the unconscious Jedi in the ship's cargo compartment, intending her to remain there until the help he had summoned arrived. Kreia, however, boarded the Harbinger in search of the Exile. She found her in the cargo hold, and took her aboard the Ebon Hawk. HK-50, recalculating his plan, joined them.[2]

The Sith "corpse" had meanwhile proven to be quite alive—it was in fact a Sith Lord, Darth Sion, who burst from his kolto tank and announced his desire to take the Exile. The bridge, alarmed, sent a security team to the medbay, but they were quickly killed. Sion went in search of more of the Harbinger's crew, and his assassins began decloaking and joining him. The Sith soon seized control of the vessel, and as the Ebon Hawk pulled away from the Harbinger and the Harbinger's systems began to go critical, the capital ship fired on the freighter, hitting it as it leapt to hyperspace.

In addition to your question, I would like to add another one:

The Jedi Exile is said to be a former student of Kreia (Wookiepedia). Why then, is he/she unable to identify her in the morgue?

Not initially... "old woman? What old woman?"

That's because she did not see her? I'm assuming that had Atris seen her, she would've been able to identify her. But then again I recollect Kreia telling the Exile how she masks her presence, projects herself as irrelevant to the others so they don't recognise her.

Former student during the period of TSL, that is. The Exile wasn't a student of hers any time before the game starts.

Here's what Wookiepedia says:

Surik helped defeat the Mandalorians during the final battle at Malachor V by ordering the activation of the Mass Shadow Generator, a devastating weapon which left a wound in the Force. Beneath numerous rumors and unconfirmed reports, Traya had found a means to deafen the galaxy to the Force. She sought to exploit her former student's talent in Force bonding in order to create another wound, greater than the one before. This wound's echoes would travel forever, never reaching their destination

I guess the manner of writing lead me to believe the Surik was a student of Kreia before the events of TSL too.

Going a little off-topic, I'd like to say:

I think more light can be shed on how Kreia and T3 united on their journey to find the Exile. There's a lot of potential games that can be made: One could cover Kreia's journey across both extremes of the Force, one could cover the Mandalorian Wars and the activation of the Mass Shadow Generator, and yet another one could cover the Jedi Civil War.

If only the developers worked on these ideas. Some are currently working on an RPG I believe.

EDIT: Another question I have is - in Peragus the game stresses on the fact that the asteroid drift charts are constantly being updated. I get this message when control first shifts to T3 on Peragus and we're supposed to make a way for the Exile. When we, as T3, try to download the drift charts, the game says that if we download the drift charts now, they'll become obsolete for when we have to fly out with the Ebon Hawk. The console doesn't allow us to transfer the drift charts to the Hawk either, since its navicomputer is voice-locked. This being said, it doesn't make sense that we use the asteroid drift charts from the Harbinger right? Isn't that going to be obsolete by the time we board the Hawk and try to leave?

Another query.

Here's what Wookiepedia's Harbinger article says:

As for the freighter, an initial sweep of it turned up nothing but a T3-series utility droid and several corpses. When the crews turned up nothing else, the Harbinger tractor beamed the Ebon Hawk over to itself. It, too, brought an unexpected passenger—Kreia. The Sith had been busy in the meantime. Crewmen began missing shifts, some were unable to be reached on the comm, and some even felt that they were being watched. The medical officer prepared to perform autopsies on the corpses recovered from the Hawk

1. Was Kreia unconscious when the Harbinger found her? Why wasn't she found when a search was conducted in the Ebon Hawk?

2. Who do you think the other corpses aboard the Ebon Hawk were? I thought Kreia, T3-M4 and 3C-FD were the only ones aboard the ship.

3. Some articles say that Atris orchestrated the Exile's return but some say that he/she was en route to meet Carth Onasi because he wanted to enquire about where Revan had gone?

4. The Harbinger was swarming with Sith Assassins. I wonder how Kreia managed to sneak the Exile onto the Ebon Hawk?

5. Did Sion pretend to be dead on purpose? There is a log in the medical bay of a Republic officer saying that he had sustained the injuries very recently, which isn't possible unless he was involved in a fight before being found on the Sith Warship.

• 1 year later...

Archived