Home

this is one of the greatest games ive ever played

babaGAReeb

i just finished playing this game and i gotta say i loved it

i really enjoyed the dark humor and well written plot

great voice acting too. every single character had a unique personality

what i dont get it why it was a commercial failure

why do all the great games like this and planescape fail to sell despite being much better then a lot of games that are top sellers!

also i wanna ask when is the remake coming to PC?

There are tons of articles written about what happened to Grim Fandango, but I really think the best argument is this: it was 1998.

In 1998 we get Starcraft,

and Ocarina of Time,

and Thief,

and Metal Gear Solid,

AND a little game called Half Life.

1998 was just nuts for gaming. I think GF is a giant among those others, but it had some competition.

There are tons of articles written about what happened to Grim Fandango, but I really think the best argument is this: it was 1998.

In 1998 we get Starcraft,

and Ocarina of Time,

and Thief,

and Metal Gear Solid,

AND a little game called Half Life.

1998 was just nuts for gaming. I think GF is a giant among those others, but it had some competition.

hmm u have some good points, those are all awesome games

but they say it was the commercial failure of this game that made lucas arts think that the point and click adventure game genre isnt worth it

I think that Grim Fandango's sales struggles primarily stemmed from PC gamers in general losing interest in adventure games. It wasn't that Grim Fandango itself caused any problems, indeed it's probably the finest adventure game ever made and a real swan song for the genre. It was just an unfortunate casualty of the times.

The good news is that overall Grim Fandango sold reasonable well, as it was re-released multiple times during the 2000s and of course it's being remastered right now for a release on consoles next year. Word of mouth has also made the game as legendary as many classic films. :D

I think that Grim Fandango's sales struggles primarily stemmed from PC gamers in general losing interest in adventure games. It wasn't that Grim Fandango itself caused any problems, indeed it's probably the finest adventure game ever made and a real swan song for the genre. It was just an unfortunate casualty of the times.

The good news is that overall Grim Fandango sold reasonable well, as it was re-released multiple times during the 2000s and of course it's being remastered right now for a release on consoles next year. Word of mouth has also made the game as legendary as many classic films. :D

that must be it. i think its the best too

its coming on PC too! im glad cause i dont like consoles and dont own em

Archived