Home

Canon Galaxy Map

Kexikus

Hey everyone,

here's my second post with my first mod ever.

You probably know bead-v's TSL Galaxy Map Fix and while I was looking for the mods I want to use for my next KotOR run, I realised that no such mod exists for K1. So I decided to make one myself and here it is.

The only thing it does is to place the planets in roughly their canonical positions on the galaxymap. While doing that I also enlarged them to the same size as in TSL and added a higher resolution icon for the starforge.

It does not (yet) support any planets added by mods, but might in the future.

Here is a screenshot:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=4678&id=479&full=1

And for everything else, I'll just quote the ReadMe ;)

INSTALLATION

Simply let TSL Patcher do its magic. It should find your KotOR installation automatically. If it doesn't and you have to select it manually, choose the folder that includes swkotor.exe.

UNINSTALLATION

Delete galaxymap.gui and lbl_strfrge.tga from your Override folder and copy galaxymap.gui from this mods backup folder into Override. Note The second step is only necessary (and possible) if you had galaxymap.gui in your Override folder when installing this mod.

INCOMPABILITIES

It's obviously incompatible with any mod that changes the size and position of the planets andor changes the Starforge icon, but aside from that there are none I know of. Note Since this mod only changes the placement of vanilla planets (for now), these positions might interfere with planets added by mods. This shouldn't be gamebreaking in any way but could look ugly on your galaxy map.

CREDITS

Mod by Kexikus

TSL Patcher by stoffe

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR BIOWARE. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

And here's the download:

DOWNLOAD

Feel free to leave a comment and please tell me if you know a mod-planet I should include. (I know of Ord Mantell, but couldn't figure out how to move it yet and of Yavin IV which does not add a new planet to the galaxymap as far as I know.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived