Home

GOG.com got LucasArts (KotOR DRM-free)

Alexrd

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition

Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition

Sam & Max Hit the Road

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

Source

Given that joysticks aren't as popular now as they were in the 1990's I do hope there's a good keyboard and mouse configuration on their versions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

Only the original versions can be played with mouse & keyboard. The '98 remakes are joystick/controller only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

More Star Wars releases:

Lucasfilm strikes back.

A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:

Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter

Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Saga

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!

Same here. Apparently, next week they will release Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Starfighter and Republic Commando.

Personally, I'm waiting for Episode I: Racer, TPM and Shadows of the Empire.

I was just thinking that myself. I have something to get excited about again with all these new releases. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived