Home

[News] Episode VII to be titled "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

HED

"Episode VII" itself seems to have been dropped from the title.

I for one was shocked at that change I thought they would have kept the Episode section I wonder what ''the force awakens'' means I thought Luke brought back the jedi order in 11 aby surely the force has already been floating around then, the story is set 30 years after return of the jedi this must be set during the Yuuzhan Vong-Second Galactic civil war period. I would have chose a title like ''rise of the jedi'' or '' the path of the force''. Do you have any title options?

I for one was shocked at that change I thought they would have kept the Episode section I wonder what ''the force awakens'' means I thought Luke brought back the jedi order in 11 aby surely the force has already been floating around then, the story is set 30 years after return of the jedi this must be set during the Yuuzhan Vong-Second Galactic civil war period. I would have chose a title like ''rise of the jedi'' or '' the path of the force''. Do you have any title options?

I'd be incredibly surprised if they incorporate the Vong into the new canon they're establishing.

Personally, I think the title is uneventful but overall fine. Doesn't change how I feel about the film.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes sense. Pretty much all of the movies went by their main titles (rather than episode names) until the prequels and then those were always dropped once the name was revealed.

I bet they chose this one mainly not to sound too similar to any of the other titles.

But, it's only a title. As before, all that matters is if it's a good movie. They're not going to try to stick to the relevant EU, which most potential viewers won't be that familiar with, so that's fine by me.

I was concerned when it was set 30 years after the return of the jedi it would be good to have the Yuuzhan Vong around they were badass creatures in the novels I bet they would go digital with graphics than have actors in body suits. I wonder was this title discussed with the actors especially Hamill, Fisher & Ford to see what would fit.

Archived