Home

High Quality Stars and Nebulas

Kexikus

Did you ever play KotOR and wondered why the star and nebula textures have such low resolutions?

If you did, this mod is for you: It increases the size of those textures to 512x512 or 1024x1024, depending on its original size and how big the texture is actually seen ingame.

And this is what it looks like:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=21000&id=491&full=1

For all the other informations I'll just quote the ReadMe:

INSTALLATION

Copy all files included in this archive into your Override folder.

UNINSTALLATION

Take them out again.

CHANGELOG

1.0 Initial Release

1.1 Added two missing textures seen in the Starforge hangar

Stars are now circles instead of squares

1.2 Nebula no longer looks like horsehead nebula

CREDITS

Texture pack created by Kexikus

Starfields created with spacescape

Nebula photo from NASA

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR BIOWARE. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

And here are the Download links:

Deadly Stream

Nexusmods

• 5 months later...

I uploaded a new version to both DeadlyStream and Nexusmods, where I added two prievously missing textures. I also made some improvements to the existing textures so that the stars are now circles instead of squares.

I uploaded a new version to both DeadlyStream and Nexusmods, where I added two prievously missing textures. I also made some improvements to the existing textures so that the stars are now circles instead of squares.

my previous LSP_stars01 and LSP_stars02 tgas as well as LSF_space01.tga all 4097 kb size and now "we" end up with 50 kb sized tgas?

good ... good ...

not sure if my previous files were yours or not ... didn't check ALL my readmes u know ... :xp:

oh, sorry ... deadlystream download didn't work, nexusmods did :nod:

let u know how it looks ASAP not today though :tsk:

my previous LSP_stars01 and LSP_stars02 tgas as well as LSF_space01.tga all 4097 kb size and now "we" end up with 50 kb sized tgas?

good ... good ...

not sure if my previous files were yours or not ... didn't check ALL my readmes u know ... :xp:

oh, sorry ... deadlystream download didn't work, nexusmods did :nod:

let u know how it looks ASAP not today though :tsk:

You might remember that you helped me compress the starfield textures I made for TSL. But by now I learned how to do that myself (check the compress box when exporting in PS :D) and so I did that when I had to reupload the file anyway^^

And Deadlystream will work now too. The file simply wasn't approved yet.

You might remember that you helped me compress the starfield textures I made for TSL. But by now I learned how to do that myself (check the compress box when exporting in PS :D) and so I did that when I had to reupload the file anyway^^

And Deadlystream will work now too. The file simply wasn't approved yet.

yeah I remember. also checked my long-list of readmes and yup, previous files in my Override were YOUR responsability ... ;)

I didn't even remember I could compress those Kotor "stars" so much ... had those files lost in my Override for a good while ...

thx keep it up Kexi, still have to check this in-game specially the "less-squared" tgas ... :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Archived