Home

High Quality Stars and Nebulas

Kexikus

The title probably says everything. Just like the K1 version, this mod replaces the starfield and nebula textures with high quality ones.

And this time I even have a comparison picture for you:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=20994&id=492&full=1

And a simple screenshot:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=20993&id=492&full=1

Here's the readme:

ABOUT

This mod replaces the starfield and nebula textures used as backdrops during many sequences of the game to a higher resolution (1024x1024).

INSTALLATION

Copy all files included in this archive into your Override folder.

UNINSTALLATION

Take them out again.

CHANGELOG

1.0 Initial Release

1.1 Replaced textures with compressed versions by GNihilus2 to reduce the unpacked filesize. (Note: There is no visual difference.)

1.2 Nebula no longer looks like Horsehead nebula

Better stars for Gotos Yacht

CREDITS

Texture pack created by Kexikus

Starfields created with spacescape

Nebula photos from NASA and hubblesite.org

Texture compression by GNihilus2

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR OBSIDIAN. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

And finally the downloads:

Deadly Stream

Nexusmods

I hope you like it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there any chance that we could see a before and after set of screenshots?

Oups, didn't see your post here (I should probably check this forum more often...). I'll see what I can do but the changes are quite minor except for the nebula. But I should probably at least upload a picture of the new one.

Archived