Home

Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

tjmposter.jpg

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Here it is, my last main version release for The Jedi Masters. Here is a quick recap for anyone who isn't previously familiar with the mod :

What is this?

The Jedi Masters is a conversion mod for Kotor2. Call it a 'total conversion mod' if you like, I quite like 'story conversion mod'.

This will fully mod The Sith Lords and so that it can be played as a completely new story.

This is a Knights of the Old Repubilic 3?

Sort of. This was started many years ago when any sequel for The Sith Lords seemed very unlikely. It acts as a continuation of the kotor storyline, and as such, like a kotor3. It should also be noted that that since work on this began before most of them, this does not accept The Old Republic MMORPG, the Kotor comic, or books, as having happened.

How long is it?

When I recently did a full playthrough (that is, playing the main story and every subquest I could) it took me about 12 hours.

What are it's features?

TJM is 100% voiced. It includes reused and retextured modules from TSL, but also enirely new ones built from scratch.

There are many different planets to explore, and companions to gain. There are multiple endings depending on your choices, and romance options for both male and female characters. There are Jedi paths and dark side paths.

There is even a shapeshifting Jawa!

For more information, I have prepared a basic wiki for the mod.

UPDATES FROM THE PREVIOUS BETA VERSION :

- All main and secondary characters are re-voiced. This includes Revan, Bastila, HK-47, Tsig and Shadow.

- Numerous bugs fixed, including the major ones where Vima Sunrider and HK-47 would disappear.

- M4-78-B has been retextured.

- Updates to game balancing, making things like some of the boss fights a little harder

- Numerous spelling errors corrected

- Many other small details I can't remember

DOWNLOAD LINK :

clickhereg.png

Is this really the final version?

Well, it's certainly the last time I'll be changing big things about the mod. I fully expect there will be some missed bugs however, which I will correct when possible. If you do find any issues, please post about them here and I'll deal with them when I can.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey congrats on release. But when I click quick character creation then hit start, it goes through the first loading screen then crashes for me. (Using steam version of kotor2)

I believe this issue is caused by the screen resolution changing. You see, there's three resolutions : your computer (what your desktop will be set to etc), the games, and the movies.

When you start up the first module, a movie plays straight away. I think this is what's causing the crash.

To try and solve this, could you try playing the game in a different resolution?

I just had a fresh install of the mod, and I am still stuck with not being able to get on to the mainstreet of Coruscant. Is there any way to fix this issue?

EDIT : I've got it. For some unfathomable reason, the module file for Coruscant main street was missing. Take this file and drop it into your modules folder : www.the-jedi-masters.com/files3/803dro.mod

The module for Coruscant main street missing ? Damn. Could you please fix it once and for all by releasing a final version with that thing included ? People with no access to this forum will keep getting stuck.

I fixed it straight away. The missing file is now included in the full mod download.

I ran out of key card for the HK-47 protos quest. WHat do I do? Can I add it to my inventory with KSE 3.3.4? Whats the name of the file in KSE?

If you go back to HK-47, he'll sell you another set. I think it's 5000 for five new ones.

Well, a few questions about this mod, as I played the first version a very long time ago, and saw its premise. Been following it on and off since. First, is that Jawa patched, I mean, he was near unstoppable when I used him...

Also, this would have no reason not to work with Windows 8, right? Because I need to fix up my KotOR for this, and I don't want anymore problems.

Finally, I believe I read somewhere that we can modify and create our own stuff for this mod, right? Just want a double check, because it may give me an urge to re-download all the tools ;). (I also assume that we need to ask permission and get a response)

Cheers, can't wait to try it! (Also congrats, like many I attempted a TC at least once, and...what more can I say, it never worked out sadly, so for you to do all this, that's simply amazing :D).

Yo, this mod is great first off. I played through the betas, so seeing the changes in the final product really shows off the quality of work. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a problem. I have reached the part right after etti IV where I go back to Nadd's temple and pick my allegiance. I killed the followers and accepted nadd as my master, but when I go to leave the temple I click return to ship and after the dialogue my screen just goes black. Any bug fixes would be greatly appreciated. Again the mod has clearly come a long way since beta, but I can't go further without a fix.

I have a problem with the actual version of the mod, I posted first time in the beta topic by mistake(I have this version installed):

In the tomb of freedon nadd after I passed the trials and I'm trying to escape when I reach the exit door I cant open it, nothing appends, no "cut scene" (if it suppose to be one) NOTHING. First time I tried I pass "true" door and the game freeze; after restart a save I reach the door and .... nothing ...

It turned out that I had a problem with the game itself, I reinstall the game from scratch and I passed that "problem".

P.S. See that you forget to pass the link to this page on your "Home Page" (http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/download.html) , when you press forum over there it direct it to the Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0 (beta) page

It totally amazed me how Trex has woven professionalism and humour together in this mod. It does have its serious moments, but it also has totally hilarious ones.

The line "A wise being can also be an idiot as much as a genius can still be a fool'' ... it just owns.

PS: Silveredge (Brotherhood of Shadow mod), Trex and Logan would be the ultimate win for a KOTOR 3: RoR

It appears that, after you return to Shenna Rand in the Cantina after talking to Cressa's pilot, it is supposed to automatically take you to the Slums to re-meet with the janitor.

Unfortunately, this isn't working, to the point where it occasionally glitches me in the Cantina with a deaf Ms. Rand and an updated quest-log saying to defeat HK-1000. When I can escape from the hive of scum and villainy, trying to go straight to the slums myself yields nothing (I did this out of desperation because I wasn't sure if I had to go there directly now).

If this could be fixed with haste, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you, and belated congratulations on officially releasing TJM; really love(d) the mod, both in beta and now!

Archived