Home

Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

Where did you get this from?

I just double checked and everything seems named correctly.

I downloaded the zip-files from the site, and the module really seems to be misnamed there. It's 9XXkor, when it should be 9XXcor. After changing the name of the module, I got warped to the slums with the reporter correctly.

Well, unless you've updated the package after I've downloaded it, of course.

That being said, tm1104, if your issue is same than mine, just find the one module in the middle of 9XXcor-modules that is called 9XXkor, just change the k to c, and it should work fine. The other ones, though, might require a bit more work.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I downloaded the zip-files from the site, and the module really seems to be misnamed there. It's 9XXkor, when it should be 9XXcor. After changing the name of the module, I got warped to the slums with the reporter correctly.

Well, unless you've updated the package after I've downloaded it, of course.

That being said, tm1104, if your issue is same than mine, just find the one module in the middle of 9XXcor-modules that is called 9XXkor, just change the k to c, and it should work fine. The other ones, though, might require a bit more work.

I checked the downloadable version and you're right. Oddly, the version installed on my PC doesn't have the problem though.

In any case, I've updated the downloadable version so that the module has the right name now.

• 1 month later...

whenever i try to create a new character on the jedi masters it goes to a blank loading screen and never loads i at one point left it like that for roughly an hour and still none of the bar of colour that shows it is loading please help fast i have been waiting to play this for ages

• 1 month later...

wow, I can tell I haven't been on here in ages. Last time that I was on here, you were still waiting on VO, Trex.

Edit: All right, I have been going through quests. I can't remember how to get to the Mandalorian War Memorial on Coruscant.

Edit 2: Found it. But now, I have an Iratating problem with Iradonians. Anyone know where to find them? - not a spelling mistake. :)

hi everyone,

i am completly new to mods in general :D i seriously have no clue about such thinkgs and i please u guys to excuse my horrible english.

after i played kotor 1 and 2 again a friend of mine told me about that mod. from what i see that far its amazing! thank u!

my question is: can i use other mods on this one too? like i found another homepage with mods and stuff (lightsaber mod: for better looking lightsabers etc). will this work together? sry for asking such stupid questions :D

hi everyone,

i am completly new to mods in general :D i seriously have no clue about such thinkgs and i please u guys to excuse my horrible english.

after i played kotor 1 and 2 again a friend of mine told me about that mod. from what i see that far its amazing! thank u!

my question is: can i use other mods on this one too? like i found another homepage with mods and stuff (lightsaber mod: for better looking lightsabers etc). will this work together? sry for asking such stupid questions :D

New mods that don't add levels should be fine, though since this mod basically replaces/doesn't use a lot of files from KotOR 2, some mods might not work properly. However, lightsaber mods should work fine. :)

hey,

first of all ... thank u very much for that fast answer!

i just started the game and i found antoher problem :D i cant see the subtitles at all :( characters talk but i cant see it. and if its my turn to choose any aswer i cant see them either.

any idea how to fix that?

i hope u dont mind me asking all those stupid things :D

thx again

hey,

first of all ... thank u very much for that fast answer!

i just started the game and i found antoher problem :D i cant see the subtitles at all :( characters talk but i cant see it. and if its my turn to choose any aswer i cant see them either.

any idea how to fix that?

i hope u dont mind me asking all those stupid things :D

thx again

They're not stupid, they're basic necessities! :)

The mod was designed for English gamers, so you'd need to fix your game's language. An easy way to do that is to install the original game in English and then install this mod.

ohh right my game is set to german. i thoughts its just about options, items etc and the voices/subtitels would be english based on the mad. i will reinstall it. thank u very much.

btw should i download any other patch/update before i install the mod? i have the retail version of the game not the steam one.

ohh i read something about any widescreen patch. should i get that one? is it working fine with the mod?

once again sry and thank u very much. u literly made my day :D

ohh right my game is set to german. i thoughts its just about options, items etc and the voices/subtitels would be english based on the mad. i will reinstall it. thank u very much.

btw should i download any other patch/update before i install the mod? i have the retail version of the game not the steam one.

ohh i read something about any widescreen patch. should i get that one? is it working fine with the mod?

once again sry and thank u very much. u literly made my day :D

Well, I'd still advise following TSLRCM's instructions:

"2. After re-installing it's advised to apply the official patch (1.0b). Non-US versions require you to install 1.0a first, then 1.0b, US versions can install 1.0b right away. Make sure to apply the patch that fits your version. Also, after installing 1.8.3, the official patch can no longer be installed!"

So, I'd install the 1.0a and then the 1.0b patches first.

thank u again :D

if i´ll understand u right i have to:

install the retail version by those 4 cd-roms --> find and install 1.0a --> find and install 1.0b --> find and install 1.8.3 ---> install the mod again.

is that right? i do not wanna **** anythign up :D i am such a dummy if it comes to stuff like that^^ but i seriously wanna play this mod. it looks so good to me

edit: i jsut noticed that i cant choose a language while installing the game by those 4 cd-roms. does it help anything if i change the number behind language? (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27304852/kotor_autorun.png.html) its set to 0 atm. is there any other number that stands for english?

thank u again :D

if i´ll understand u right i have to:

install the retail version by those 4 cd-roms --> find and install 1.0a --> find and install 1.0b --> find and install 1.8.3 ---> install the mod again.

is that right? i do not wanna **** anythign up :D i am such a dummy if it comes to stuff like that^^ but i seriously wanna play this mod. it looks so good to me

edit: i jsut noticed that i cant choose a language while installing the game by those 4 cd-roms. does it help anything if i change the number behind language? (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27304852/kotor_autorun.png.html) its set to 0 atm. is there any other number that stands for english?

Do all that, except you DO NOT have to install 1.8.3 of TSLRCM.

As to the language... You can use this to download the TSLPatcher program and open your dialog.tlk file (after The Jedi Masters is installed) in TalkEd. Then go to the File menu and select "Set Language..." and select English. Then save the the dialog.tlk file.

kk i´ll do it like that. thank u once again.

btw whats the diffrence between the normal and the 1.8.3 version?

1.8.3 and the "jedi master" mod work together right?

u are my hereo tho

TSLRCM is a restored content mod, whereas The Jedi Masters mod is basically a new storyline to the game.

hey i used the english dialog.tlk to set my game to english. after that i tryed to download 1.0a to continue but when i try to install it i get this "old files not found ...". i tryed the uk and german 1.0a file. same problem ^^

any idea what i am doing wrong?

i am rly sry to bother u

hey i used the english dialog.tlk to set my game to english. after that i tryed to download 1.0a to continue but when i try to install it i get this "old files not found ...". i tryed the uk and german 1.0a file. same problem ^^

any idea what i am doing wrong?

i am rly sry to bother u

Well, I had said to change the language last because I wasn't sure how the patches would treat it...

Also, I'm sorry, but I forgot the link I meant to give you earlier (when I had said "use this").

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=219942

oh thx.

this is what i get when i try to install 1.0a (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27305558/kotor_1.0a_patch_fail.png.html).

i downloaded it here: http://help.disney.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Where-do-I-find-the-latest-patch-for-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II-The-Sith-Lords#patch

EDIT: forget about it. i changed it back to german with the old diaolg.tlk file and now 1.0a worked. sry ^^ i should have listen better xD its like u allready todl me

TSLRCM is a restored content mod, whereas The Jedi Masters mod is basically a new storyline to the game.

hello, its me once again :D first of all thank u very much. u helped me out a lot and i am very thankful for that.

what i do not understand is:

what u mean by "tslrcm is a restored content mod"? whats diffrent to the original kotor 2.

what u mean by "the jed imasters mod is basically a new storyline to the game"? isnt it like a completly new game? (new maps/planets, new story, new characters etc etc)?

i am not sure if i should play the tslrcm or the jedi masters mod :D

and what if i combine them?

i hope u have a great day today! thx once again!

TSLRCM restores content to the game. kotor 2 was released as a highly unfinished game. That mod restores everything that was taken out of the game. It's kind of hard to explain, but yeah it restores everything that was taken out of the game. Jedi Masters IS basically a new game. You cannot use both of them together. It will not work. Don't even try it (if I remember it correctly).

hello, its me once again :D first of all thank u very much. u helped me out a lot and i am very thankful for that.

what i do not understand is:

what u mean by "tslrcm is a restored content mod"? whats diffrent to the original kotor 2.

what u mean by "the jed imasters mod is basically a new storyline to the game"? isnt it like a completly new game? (new maps/planets, new story, new characters etc etc)?

i am not sure if i should play the tslrcm or the jedi masters mod :D

and what if i combine them?

i hope u have a great day today! thx once again!

TSLRCM is a mod that restores most of the cut content in KotOR 2: The Sith Lords, hence the TSL part.

TJM, The Jedi Masters, is basically a new game built on top of KotOR 2's engine.

They cannot be combined as they both serve completely different purposes and goals.

ahh ok.

well i guess that i am going to play the jedi masters first :D because its completly new stuff.

just trying to patch my friends game wich is using the steam version and not the retail one like me.

cant install 1.0a on his system. but i am not sure if the reason is that the steam version allerady includes 1.0a and 1.0b.

EDIT:

well i am finally sure that the steam version allerady includes 1.0a and 1.0b.

btw those this "widescreen" patch/mod (whatever its called) work with this mod? i never used it but it sounds intresting

hey guys,

i made the mod work and its allready awesome (played like 1h only). there are some "bugs" ofc but its by far playable.

BUT

next to every time i kill a mob i cant move afterwards (regardless of using keyboard or mouse).

is there any way to fix that? i am kinda bored by quicksaving and quickloosing after every fight :D

great mod so far!

Archived