Home

KoToR: Matale feud

davidlcampbell2

Wow, you're really playing the game without creating save files? Really? Is this your first RPG? :) You could find out that you made a huge mistake 1+ hour(s) ago (like killing a character that would've been a companion), and have no way to correct it. Quicksaves and Auto Saves just aren't good enough to cover your bases.

That being said...

Best option: QUIT out of the game completely (not just to the menu), RESTART it, then load your Auto Save. Memory leaks can sometimes cause bugs that require this. Your Auto Save should be before speaking to the patriarch, perhaps taking you directly into conversation with him when you load it. Another possibility is that you need to restart your computer.

Best advice: SAVE YOUR GAME OFTEN from now on! Multiple saves; not just one you keep replacing. I save all the time, especially at points in the game that I think are significant (leveling up, gaining a new companion, starting/completing a major quest, landing on a new planet, finding the next Star Map, etc.). There's no apparent limit on how many save files you can create.

You should use Quicksave/Quickload before you make a choice, so if you mess up you can go back and do something else, but it's not what you should be depending on to save you. You may need to backtrack. You will need to backtrack. This game only creates one Auto Save at a time (writing over the old one), so you can't even depend on those.

No this isn't my first RPG, not even my first time playing KoToR. I've never used multiple save files, then again I have never had these crashing problems either. Auto saves and quick saves are all I have ever used, all I have ever needed. Most of the time when a game is this buggy I throw it out and buy a real game.

And posting **** that you would normally say to a noob with no computer literacy won't work here. If you notice in the OP I didn't ask for help, just wondering if anyone else had come across this. I made it past the little quirk, seeing as the daughter still never showed up, but the door was still open, so I just walked inside. Take your computer support bull**** somehwere else.

SMH. This is what you get for trying to help out someone who's having trouble. =)

I mean this board is for problems and questions, and nothing in the original post indicates otherwise.

Bringing up not having any other saves is like saying "what do I do!?".

After speaking to the Shandral patriarch, the daughter never shows up to continue the quest. There isn't a previous save file, as I was just using quick saves and auto saves, and both are at the Sandral house.

It's your first post here, and in a troubleshooting subforum. You signed up to post that.

Every single indication is that you needed help... so don't be a jerk. I don't buy what you're selling anyway.

I responded appropriately, if not a little whimsically. Either behave or bugger off.

• 3 weeks later...
And posting **** that you would normally say to a noob with no computer literacy won't work here. If you notice in the OP I didn't ask for help, just wondering if anyone else had come across this. I made it past the little quirk, seeing as the daughter still never showed up, but the door was still open, so I just walked inside. Take your computer support bull**** somehwere else.

We don't talk like that here. They were just trying to help.

Archived