Home

KOTOR II 10Th Anniversary IOS/ANDROID version

Vaders Elite

Well as you already know

Kotor I IOS edition was released during 2013 between may-June if I remember correctly and the Android version (which is moddable by the way I managed to get a wired script working on it/what I mean by that Is that when I added the mod and loaded up a new game on my Samsung galaxy S3 Mini it started with Tark and the player (not gonna mention his real name,not fair for others like myself who are big star wars fans like myself but had never played kotor before until it got released on android on Christmas eve and what can I say AMAZING took me 37hrs to complete including lots of side quests) anyways it started with the player and Tark his shipmate acting like tark and the player are siths which was awesome . So mods do work on the android version ill create another thread about Kotor android mods.

But back to this thread so may-June 2013 was IPAD/ Ios release of Kotor 1 to celebrate the 10th anniversary and this December We received the long awaited android version and my question or query is that

What do you think are the chances of a Kotor 2 11th anniversary mobile edition on ios and android.

I mean id understand why they didn't release Kotor 2 (if they are making it )this Christmas however that's because kotor 1 was ported to Android and it would make sense personally if kotor 2 was released on Ios (android later) around February -June time especially February because I heard kotor 2 pc version and international versions were released around that time and because the ios version is a Pc port and the Android version is a direct/indirect IOS port i HOPE NO I PRAY We get to work for or against Darth Nihilus (I haven't played kotor 2 I don't have a pc sobi pray We get kotor 2 itd make sense if we got a IOS version next year and Android 2016 (id rather have both versions together)

But there are setbacks with porting Kotor 2

They are:

Kotor 2 was apparently incomplete and the Restored version created by amazing moderrs has been completed but apparently I read somewhere that it still lacks and creates confusion. So if indeed there was a kotor 2 port it would make things very hard for develop ers because most likely they would have to fix bugs and complete it.

Also to add on to what I mentioned above bioware created kotor 1 and aspyr media created the Android/ios port

However Obsidion created kotor 2 now this complicates chances of it getting a ported version..

But im hoping obsidion will release a mobile port because obsidion have always considered doing a kotor 3 which tells me they really are in there with kotor so im hoping Obsidion will create a kotor 2 port but things like the incompleteness and the negative reviews not to mention the fact that its not made by bioware slims the chances of a kotor 2 mobile port

However I am hoping to be a petition to create a kotor 2 mobile port started to show obsidion that us fans want kotor.

Btw when I sais negative reviews about kotor 2 I didn't state my own opinion because I haven't played it but I have seen reviews and they do List a few problems however it's the only game that contains DARTH NIHILUS and honestly I really hope to play a game with him in because well look at him awesome pure awesomeness.

U know he doesn't last very long but Best looking sith along with Darth maul.

If anyone could create a petition to get a port started it would be awesome. I really hope that the developers do release the game I mean kotor 1 Ios and android versions sold well so im hoping for a port.

I really want to play it.

I finished kotor last night and im just gonna read Revan novel to satisfy my cravings.

Please tell me your thoughts and ideas as to if or when this game COULD be released on android /Ios.

• 2 months later...

Kotor 2 was not very well received by fans of kotor 1. It was similar to the previous game they loved with a few improvements. But the great story that made kotor 1 so loved, was not present in the sequel. There were many holes in the story some so big that events didn't really make sense or made certain plot points seem random. Also we didn't get to play a lot of awesome content and many side plots were left unfinished. If you haven't played kotor 2 or even if you have I encourage you to try to play the steam version, the restored content mod one. It makes it a much better game. In my opinion it rivals the first one. It isn't right to say it's better but it's definitely on more of an even plane rather than such an obvious disappointment. It also beautifully set up a potentially great kotor 3.

Kotor 2 will probably never be on iOS because it was developed by Obsidian. Bioware right now is doing very well. They've had a successful mass effect series and SWTOR is doing well. They can afford to do this and are proving to Disney that they can make commercially successful Star Wars games. Obsidian left everyone with a bad taste in Their mouth. They were rushed to release the game so it isn't there fault but the resentment is still there. So it makes sense for bio ware to do Star Wars projects and for Disney to allow them too. Not obsidian.

Unfortunately this is actually bad for kotor fans. You may be thinking that since they made kotor 1 that this could be good, but the evidence seems to suggest otherwise. Bio ware made SWTOR which is not a kotor game. It is in the same universe but totally different. It barely mentions the story of the first 2 kotor games and when it does it makes it seem like the characters in those games were minor and the events unimportant. The main characters from the kotor games are brushed aside as quickly as they were briefly mentioned. Also it doesn't play like a kotor game. It plays like a mixture of popular mmo and console gameplay styles. Admittedly kotor needed a combat update but it should be a better, innovative, updated version of the original.

Disney is looking to make movies and games that will generate mass commercial success. That is all they are concerned about. Not keeping people like us happy. Disney has shown this by their movie and game choices. Like canceling Star Wars: 1313 and battlefront 3 when they were so near completion. I was very excited for 1313 and it looked great it made no sense for them to cancel it. Battlefront 3 was almost done and they cancelled it. They are making their own version but it isn't a battlefront game. They are turning it into a battlefield/call of duty game but with Star Wars. Red beams instead of bullets and different designs on the vehicles with only a reminiscent feel of previous battle front games. Go look at the pre alpha of the scrapped battlefront 3.... It looked good and it played like a battlefront game.

Disney has proven it only cares about making money and bio ware has proven they are on board with this mission. So it seems games that are just like all the rest and the masses enjoy are all we will see.

Kotor is not a game the masses will enjoy. Many like it but when it comes down to it the only people who will follow it avidly enough are people like us. And there aren't enough of us. That's why there was no kotor 3. There was a not awful but dumb money grubbing mmo that made the first 2 games irrelevant.

In most peoples eyes our hopes lie with bio ware to make new kotor or other good Star Wars games that we can love. But they've proven that they've changed, and not for the better. They probably won't be giving us what we want.

Obsidian recently said they are still interested in kotor 3 but they'll never get a shot because of the hate they received for kotor 2. Our only chance is bio ware but for now it seems they aren't going to make the games they used to because they care about money more than us.

For now the only way it seems we could get a real kotor 3 or other Star Wars game of the type is from obsidian. Many hate them because they messed up kotor 2. But it isn't their fault they were rushed and forced too cut content that would've made the game great just to get the game out by holiday season. But obsidian is the company that has our best interests at heart.

I'm not saying give up hope..... But the future looks bleek for kotor fans.

I'm off my soap box

If you made it this far thank you

Sorry for it being so long

Kotor 2 was not very well received by fans of kotor 1. It was similar to the previous game they loved with a few improvements. But the great story that made kotor 1 so loved, was not present in the sequel. There were many holes in the story some so big that events didn't really make sense or made certain plot points seem random. Also we didn't get to play a lot of awesome content and many side plots were left unfinished. If you haven't played kotor 2 or even if you have I encourage you to try to play the steam version, the restored content mod one. It makes it a much better game. In my opinion it rivals the first one. It isn't right to say it's better but it's definitely on more of an even plane rather than such an obvious disappointment. It also beautifully set up a potentially great kotor 3.

Kotor 2 will probably never be on iOS because it was developed by Obsidian. Bioware right now is doing very well. They've had a successful mass effect series and SWTOR is doing well. They can afford to do this and are proving to Disney that they can make commercially successful Star Wars games. Obsidian left everyone with a bad taste in Their mouth. They were rushed to release the game so it isn't there fault but the resentment is still there. So it makes sense for bio ware to do Star Wars projects and for Disney to allow them too. Not obsidian.

Unfortunately this is actually bad for kotor fans. You may be thinking that since they made kotor 1 that this could be good, but the evidence seems to suggest otherwise. Bio ware made SWTOR which is not a kotor game. It is in the same universe but totally different. It barely mentions the story of the first 2 kotor games and when it does it makes it seem like the characters in those games were minor and the events unimportant. The main characters from the kotor games are brushed aside as quickly as they were briefly mentioned. Also it doesn't play like a kotor game. It plays like a mixture of popular mmo and console gameplay styles. Admittedly kotor needed a combat update but it should be a better, innovative, updated version of the original.

Disney is looking to make movies and games that will generate mass commercial success. That is all they are concerned about. Not keeping people like us happy. Disney has shown this by their movie and game choices. Like canceling Star Wars: 1313 and battlefront 3 when they were so near completion. I was very excited for 1313 and it looked great it made no sense for them to cancel it. Battlefront 3 was almost done and they cancelled it. They are making their own version but it isn't a battlefront game. They are turning it into a battlefield/call of duty game but with Star Wars. Red beams instead of bullets and different designs on the vehicles with only a reminiscent feel of previous battle front games. Go look at the pre alpha of the scrapped battlefront 3.... It looked good and it played like a battlefront game.

Disney has proven it only cares about making money and bio ware has proven they are on board with this mission. So it seems games that are just like all the rest and the masses enjoy are all we will see.

Kotor is not a game the masses will enjoy. Many like it but when it comes down to it the only people who will follow it avidly enough are people like us. And there aren't enough of us. That's why there was no kotor 3. There was a not awful but dumb money grubbing mmo that made the first 2 games irrelevant.

In most peoples eyes our hopes lie with bio ware to make new kotor or other good Star Wars games that we can love. But they've proven that they've changed, and not for the better. They probably won't be giving us what we want.

Obsidian recently said they are still interested in kotor 3 but they'll never get a shot because of the hate they received for kotor 2. Our only chance is bio ware but for now it seems they aren't going to make the games they used to because they care about money more than us.

For now the only way it seems we could get a real kotor 3 or other Star Wars game of the type is from obsidian. Many hate them because they messed up kotor 2. But it isn't their fault they were rushed and forced too cut content that would've made the game great just to get the game out by holiday season. But obsidian is the company that has our best interests at heart.

I'm not saying give up hope..... But the future looks bleek for kotor fans.

I'm off my soap box

If you made it this far thank you

Sorry for it being so long

The longer the message the better I say. Anyways I appreciate you replying to this old thread and I'm happy to hear your opinion. I agree with you about Disney and they're stupidity in canceling 1313 but I honestly hope and always will that KOTOR II comes to our android mobiles. I pray for that day to come. And if it did id troll over this thread. I understand the future possibility of that happening is bleak but what if obsidian did do it but sorted the original game out so it was finished and if they then ported it to android.itd be mind blowing but I honestly haven't played kotor 2 and won't unless It gets rreleased on android or if I manage to buy a computer!

But if they did remaster and port the game just to prove to Disney they can atone for the paat then I hope Disney would ask them to work on kotor 3!

However I hope kotor 3 is a continuation and not a reboot like battlefront.

I love the battlefront series and I have high hopes for the new one.

But remember there are 3 star wars games in development at the moment.

1.battlefront by dice

2. Viceral games star wars game which apparently is open world

3.biowares un announced project which could be kotor but even if it was it cannot be like swotor

I have yet to play swotor and I d definitely will even though they changed everything

I am one of those who would rather have kotor 3/5//6/7 rather than swotor but when I get a pc ill play it

What do you think biowares project could be?

• 5 weeks later...

I believe the visceral game is a game about Han Solo. And the bioware cold be a Star Wars maybe even a kotor game but I don't think so. The head writer for dragon age left to do this project so itis likely another rpg type game but I don't think it's kotor. The only thing I have to base this on is bioware has about a minute's worth of video showing some level design of the new game. It isn't enough to make a distinction about what type of games and they aren't talkin bout it. But I noticed in the video that it all looks like the same planet and they didn't show anything to do with space. If this were a Star Wars game I feel like they'd show many planets or some space themes. That is what they did for kotor and mass effect 2 games with a huge focus on space and multiple worlds. I am excited for the game however because I like dragon age and it seems like it will be a game of that type and quality. Finally it seems I was right about battlefront. No space battles, no storyline (single player) it seems like its battlefield with blasters. I think it will be a good game, but I doubt it will be the battlefront we are used to. I'm still excited for it though. One theory I have is that since Disney has scrapped all expanded universe lore they can take any character onto any path they want. Because of the expanded universe being scrapped technically boba fett died in the sarlacc pit. Boba fett is one of the most beloved characters ever. He has a huge following. I didn't see anything about him in the trailers for the movie. I doubt Disney would be foolish enough to take him out of the equation completely. He might have a role in the movies but it doesn't matter. My theory is since they cancelled 1313 they might have some sort of vision of how they want to do boba fett. I think they'll make a boba fett game of their own creation and that could be very cool. I still want 1313 but a different boba fett game is still cool. Maybe they'll even keep the third person shooter formula that 1313 would've had.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the visceral game is a game about Han Solo. And the bioware cold be a Star Wars maybe even a kotor game but I don't think so. The head writer for dragon age left to do this project so itis likely another rpg type game but I don't think it's kotor. The only thing I have to base this on is bioware has about a minute's worth of video showing some level design of the new game. It isn't enough to make a distinction about what type of games and they aren't talkin bout it. But I noticed in the video that it all looks like the same planet and they didn't show anything to do with space. If this were a Star Wars game I feel like they'd show many planets or some space themes. That is what they did for kotor and mass effect 2 games with a huge focus on space and multiple worlds. I am excited for the game however because I like dragon age and it seems like it will be a game of that type and quality. Finally it seems I was right about battlefront. No space battles, no storyline (single player) it seems like its battlefield with blasters. I think it will be a good game, but I doubt it will be the battlefront we are used to. I'm still excited for it though. One theory I have is that since Disney has scrapped all expanded universe lore they can take any character onto any path they want. Because of the expanded universe being scrapped technically boba fett died in the sarlacc pit. Boba fett is one of the most beloved characters ever. He has a huge following. I didn't see anything about him in the trailers for the movie. I doubt Disney would be foolish enough to take him out of the equation completely. He might have a role in the movies but it doesn't matter. My theory is since they cancelled 1313 they might have some sort of vision of how they want to do boba fett. I think they'll make a boba fett game of their own creation and that could be very cool. I still want 1313 but a different boba fett game is still cool. Maybe they'll even keep the third person shooter formula that 1313 would've had.

I had high hopes for swbf but they are ruinining it...

dice and EA together are ruining that game.

personally i think they should scrap SWBF and just do a modern remake of SWBF2 with frosbite engine maps such as coruscant.thatd be awesome

But my low hopes for SW EP 7 turned into high hopes THE TRAILER WAS EPIC!!!!!

i cant wait

This week the BIOWARE STAFF dropped some KOTOR 3 news so i think KOTOR 3 could happen

But please set it in the revan era AND MAKE KOTOR 1 AND 2 CANON!!!

we need kotor 3 not a ****ty reboot like batlefront.

I mean dice is used to developing BATTLEFIELD NOT SWBF arggg

i will wait for E3 before i give up on it

Archived