Home

Help KoTOR III Get Made!

socksOdoom

hate to break your balls, but petitions don't really work... at least in terms of pressuring studios to produce video games. In addition to that, you would need thousands (if not millions) of signatures to make an effective petition. A goal of less than 100 is simply not enough.

hate to break your balls, but petitions don't really work... at least in terms of pressuring studios to produce video games. In addition to that, you would need thousands (if not millions) of signatures to make an effective petition. A goal of less than 100 is simply not enough.

My balls are now broken. Oh and I accidentally set the target to 100. Oh well. A guy can dream. Do you think they'll ever make a KotOR III?

Actually I hate to break my balls buddy but Rockstar recently caved to an online petition to port and release GTA 5 on PC after said petition garnered almost a million signatures

https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

Thats obviously not the same as them being petitioned to create a full game but it goes to show if u show a dev that enough people will buy something a petition requests then its good business to give the people what they want

ALSO

Someone give ME a well deserved kick up the arse

This is utter horse ****! (Excuse my french)

Adminnugget_zpse5053d7a.png

Yahoo and Hotmail do not arbitrarily block all incoming forum mail

(Where F*K has he got this from? Ive never EVER had a forum registration email blocked in 15 years from hotmail or yahoo for that matter...

Sent to spam sure but blocked..?)

but even if they did it would be far more efficient for everyone if this board asked you to check your spam folder instead of having to create an entirely new email account to access this board if you happen to be in the 80% of people on the internet who use the most popular provider's RANT OVER.

(Im going off my own opinion there based on using the internet since its beginning)

Nope. But you can enjoy this in the meantime:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=217709

This looks cool as hell! definitely checking this out thankyou for posting.

Also FYI lol im quietly confident we will see an official KOTOR III within 2 years.

I've taken the liberty of starting a petition for LucasArts to make a new KoTOR game.

Your petition states:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was my favourite Star Wars game, and one of my favourite games altogether. After finishing the second installment, The Sith Lords, I was suddenly bored. The hope of this petition is for LucasArts to make a new Star Wars RPG.

On April 3, 2013, a Disney representative confirmed that LucasArts would cease to operate as a video game developer. Future video games based on its properties will either be developed by Disney Interactive Studios or licensed to third-party developers. As a result, all of its future internal projects were cancelled, and most of its staff were laid off from the company.

On May 6, 2013, it was revealed that Electronic Arts would develop Star Wars games, through an exclusive license, for the core gaming market. Through this agreement, Disney Interactive Studios retained the ability to develop, and LucasArts retained the ability to license, the franchise for the casual gaming market.

To sum up, you need to petition Electronic Arts (and NOT LucasArts) as they hold the Star Wars exclusive license.

In addition the petition title is listed as "Make a third KoTOR game, or something similar." You know the response is that Electronic Arts is likely to interpret The Old Republic as "something similar."

In addition the petition title is listed as "Make a third KoTOR game, or something similar." You know the response is that Electronic Arts is likely to interpret The Old Republic as "something similar."

This im afraid I have to agree with

EA is the death of video games the ruin everything they touch

If I was to petition EA it would be to make sure they didnt make the game

Your petition states:

On April 3, 2013, a Disney representative confirmed that LucasArts would cease to operate as a video game developer. Future video games based on its properties will either be developed by Disney Interactive Studios or licensed to third-party developers. As a result, all of its future internal projects were cancelled, and most of its staff were laid off from the company.

On May 6, 2013, it was revealed that Electronic Arts would develop Star Wars games, through an exclusive license, for the core gaming market. Through this agreement, Disney Interactive Studios retained the ability to develop, and LucasArts retained the ability to license, the franchise for the casual gaming market.

To sum up, you need to petition Electronic Arts (and NOT LucasArts) as they hold the Star Wars exclusive license.

I think TOR is the closest we're going to get, especially with the EU being made non-canon. Also the petitionee is generally free to ignore the petition.

Screw the new canon; the EU is still the true Star Wars continuum, in my opinion. The Disney canon is an imposter.

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, there's one main problem: LucasArts doesn't exist anymore. Also, Drew Karpyshyn's book The Old Republic: Revan now serves as the official (at least pre-Disney) continuation of the KOTOR storyline, bridging it with TOR. If you want a KOTOR 3, that book is the closest thing you will get.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that with Disney in control, they wiped out all EU which included the two KOTOR games. So Revan, Malak, Bastila, etc... are no longer canon. That makes KOTOR III impossible.

The only way it would ever work is if Disney decided to re-canonize KOTOR and its characters. Right now at this point, it's not hopeful.

Ok, well now my balls are UTTERLY broken.

So what, Anakin blabbering on about not liking sand is apparently more important than Bastilla's fall to the dark side?

And now EA makes Star Wars games? Eck. ****ing Disney.

Oh and they own Marvel as well? We better not see any Donald Duck and Spider-Man team ups.

Tbh, I don't really care about which one's canon anymore, all these legal stuffs hurt my head.

Although, there's one thing I'd like to see as canon: Wren's legacy in Old Republic setting. I've just watched Star Wars: Rebels and this Mandalorian girl kicks arse.

Who knows if they (whoever they are, be it Disney, EA, Dark Horse) expand Revan's mask back story, which was worn by a Mandalorian woman, which is Sabine's descendant, and write something about her times during Mandalorian crusade, yadda, yadda. Might as well write my own fanfic. Heh.

The problem is that with Disney in control, they wiped out all EU which included the two KOTOR games. So Revan, Malak, Bastila, etc... are no longer canon. That makes KOTOR III impossible.

The only way it would ever work is if Disney decided to re-canonize KOTOR and its characters. Right now at this point, it's not hopeful.

Or if they simply agreed to allow "Legends" to continue to be written as an alternate universe. There are multiple groups petitioning Disney to do just that.

• 4 weeks later...
In your opinion. In my opinion it is terribad, unplayably so. But, of course, YMMV.
Either you need a new computer, if you were being literal.

Or try a different story. There are 6 of them and they are not created equally. If you still think all 6 are so terrible, then I wouldn't bother with any game bioware produces since you don't like the their storytelling.

or you just had such butthurt over it not being a RPG, you couldn't see the story.

My problem with TOR was the 3rd one, but I got over it.

Either you need a new computer, if you were being literal.

i7/STRIX970, nice clicky things.

or you just had such butthurt over it not being a RPG, you couldn't see the story.

My problem with TOR was the 3rd one, but I got over it.

That is mostly it. But the controls were/are bad, and even fiddling with my mouse sensitivity didn't really change that too much.

Also, the fetchy quest stuff. I guess that is standard MMO fare (*cough* DA:Inquisition *cough*) but to me it became dull immediately, as did the game mentioned in my coughing fit moments ago.

I have installed it twice. Gave it a fair shot twice, was fairly awful at the gameplay and didn't like all the other people waiting in line, queuing things, having to tap my toes until I could do my next quest line.

We have had this argument before though, and I am still glad you have found it to be enjoyable and worth it.

Just to be fair, no real reason to tap toes in TOR when you are allowed to switch instances. People stand around waiting not because of the game, but because they don't know all the features.

Just like DA:I you don't have to do the fetchy quest unless you are anal like me and have to complete everything possible on every toon. More than enough quest and experience in the game to get max level without having to kill everything you see.

• 1 month later...

Archived