• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

little sample of a workout i am doing at planet fitness:

Pushups: 1 minute

Situps: 1 minute

Plank: 1 minute

Iron Mikes (walking lunges)

10 Pullups (with assisted weights so i can just barely make it to 10)

10 Dips

Sprint Intervals for 10 minutes (30 second sprint, 1 minute walk)

Repeat 4x or more

doing that right after weight lifting. feeling great. intervals i'm able to sprint at 9mph!

feeling great...ended up playing Halo 2 til 6am this morning...it snowed alot so my buddy stayed the night, we got like 6 hours of sleep then went got some wings and beer, and more halo...we're on the 3rd mission on Halo 3! Going ice skating tomorrow and having a couple drinks then tomorrow night going to the gym...easy rest day. Going to play some Splinter Cell Blacklist, I love splinter cell and tom clancy games!!

Waiting on word to see if we are setting up and rehearsing for tomorrow night's show at work tonight.

Somehow I doubt the concert will happen tomorrow. Call me crazy, but... :dozey:

In fact, I seriously doubt I'll be getting back to work before Thursday.

And since I barely slept last night, I really wouldn't mind not going in today if possible. Not to mention that the commute home is likely to be crappy if I do.

yesterday was fun, ice skating was tricky getting used to and i fell 3 or 4 times, hurt my arm a little bit hopefully didn't damage the rotator (wow that's not a ****ing word?!) cuff..went to bethlehem brewery after for some chili and beer, that was fun. so nice getting out and doing something different, next month i plan on going snowboarding for the first time.

classes were canceled today, so i'm staying home doing a little cleaning and playing some more splinter cell blacklist, then getting some pizza with my buddy when he gets off work and play some Halo 3. :)

I watched The Inteview, it's up on netflix. It was good, but I didn't really find much of it funny.

Some of us don't live in Siberia. :dozey::p

Besides... the college HAS to close when a State of Emergency is declared. Otherwise, I'd go in to set up a concert... why the hell not?

Seriously though: 2 to 3 feet of snow in less than 24 hours, with hurricane force winds and coastal flooding (um... and I just happen to live several entire feet away from said coast...) isn't exactly something to sneeze at. Especially in a city like Boston, with it's narrow, winding cow-path-based street network... usually with cars parked curbside on both sides.

The next couple of days are going to be a cleanup nightmare.

I just hope I don't lose power this time. It was off for almost 3 days after the last serious blizzard we had in 2013, and my house got down to almost freezing inside. And there was nothing to do after dark but lay in bed and and use my phone until it died. Then go sit in my car with the heater on while it charged up again.

I'm going to charge up and load my Kindle with new books... just in case. Get the iPod fully charged too...

It's hard to plan for this much snow at once. But the biggest problem is the wind in this storm.

But it's kinda like saying to Buffalo a couple of months ago: "What? I thought you folks were tough?!?? It's only 7 feet of snow... This is what you live there for..."

school got can'd and no snow on the ground...well 2" is hardly anything! oh well it'll probably not be cancelled when we actually do get snow!!! not that it affects me in any way at all, being that i give the bus the finger and walk. you all can thank me for the gas prices going down!!! ;) my driver's license expired. :( gotta renew it online when i get paid.

I don't know if it's panic... or if it's just an effort of officials trying to discourage all the idiot yahoos from getting in their giant 4x4 SUVs and going about their business on unplowed roads at full speed... getting in the way of the cleanup crews, and forgetting that while they can drive faster than everybody else on snow and ice, that they can't actually stop any better... in fact, with all that mass and velocity, they actually stop worse.

Whatever. I get a couple of days off I wasn't expecting. Who cares what the official reason is? :joy:

No flooding. Still have power. Another day off tomorrow. ****load of snow outside. Playing Skyrim.

Life isn't too terrible on the whole... but talk to me tomorrow after tackling the cleanup outside. I figure that will take at least 2 hours. Looks to be 2 and a half feet out there, with some pretty epic drifting. And it's still snowing. More on Friday. Whee! Winter!

So the panic in the NE, is mainly because of idiots being idiots and making life difficult for everyone else

If there was a snow storm like that in Wisconsin, we would stop off at the Liquor Store for a few 12 packs of beer and a bottle of booze before heading home after work, and that would be the limit of our preparations

In new york they run out of Kale in the Panic for preperations

More or less. In '78 one of the biggest problems was cars getting stuck on the highways, then having to rescue all those stranded people, then not being able to plow any of the major roads because of thousands of abandoned cars. It closed the city down for weeks. They are obviously attempting to avoid another situation like that.

Last time I drove home in a major snow, I was being passed like I was standing still by dozens of SUVs and trucks... only to see the wreckage a couple of miles down the road. And downed traffic lights.

So... keeping morons off the road so crews can do their work seems to be the overriding priority.

New Englanders, and Bostonians especially... aren't known for their amazing driving skills... even in perfect driving conditions.

And I'm not sure I'd ever quote an Alex Jones website as an authoritative source on anything... even a NYC kale shortage... although the thought is somewhat amusing.

So the panic in the NE, is mainly because of idiots being idiots and making life difficult for everyone else

If there was a snow storm like that in Wisconsin, we would stop off at the Liquor Store for a few 12 packs of beer and a bottle of booze before heading home after work, and that would be the limit of our preparations

wisconsin probably has it in the state's budget to properly prepare for that kind of weather.

pa was insane, the weather forecasts were all inconsistent as ****. royally. yesterday because of suspected 6"+ and today because of a possibility. it didn't even ****ing snow today!!!

Archived