Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

wisconsin probably has it in the state's budget to properly prepare for that kind of weather.
There's also the question of scale...

Boston has a huge population in a very small area... and that population more than doubles on a workday when college is in session.

I doubt there's anywhere in Wisconsin that has exactly the population density of an east coast city like the greater Boston or NYC areas. Maybe Milwaukee...

Mass area: 10,554 sq miles

Mass pop: 6,547,629

Wisconsin area: 65,556 sq miles

Wisconsin pop: 5,686,986

Just sayin'... :dozey:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap, Dave Smith reacquired the Sequential name from Yamaha and announced the Prophet-6, a six-voice polyphonic analog synth WITH VCOs and an arpeggiator and 64-step polyphonic step sequencer! YOU TAKE MY MONEY RIGHT NOW, YOU MAGNIFICENT SON OF A *****!!!!!!!!!!! Argsjd;lfjlsdjf;sldkfj!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Kinnison: I understood a few of those words.Probably about 1/4. So you're doing better than I.

New system build is complete.... it is as follows:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.49 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($67.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card (Purchased For $189.00)

Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $548.45

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-29 01:49 EST-0500

Hard Disk Drive I got for Christmas, the graphics card is a refurbished one that has passed all stress testing thus far. Power supply I salvaged from my old machine, which is a big o'l 700 Watt PSU. DvD/CD drive is just a random Samsung... thing.

It's so.... awesome. :D:thmbup1:

Back to work today. A trek back to the office by Snowspeeder, Tauntaun, or Imperial Walker would be the easiest way to commute... but alas, I will just have to slog along the sidewalks and subways like a chump.

Muscles aching today. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Looks kind of like Star Wars Trilogy Arcade. I'd definitely check it out, but I think there is an inherent problem with these kinds of immersive arcade experiences. The visuals and sound can only reach this kind of immersion in the arcade, because of the cost of the hardware. But, being in an arcade, the gameplay necessarily has to be very quick and shallow. So I guess it's cool as an "experience", but not so much as a "game." I'm more interested in what something like the Oculus Rift could bring to an X-Wing-type game. Not that arcade-style games can't be great, and even deep in their own way. I love Star Wars Trilogy Arcade and the Rebel Assault games. But I don't know how much they would really benefit from something like this.

i need to play Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike.....i have 2 gamecubes here left over by previous tenants, just no cables with them. hmm..

oh i got my books for class today...4 books for around 350. not bad...considering it comes out of the gi bill, i take home around 800..

The Battlepod. Just like looking up at the stars and seeing the billions of places I will never go. I will never likely be able to FIND a Battlepod anywhere near here.

This was shown a long time again, and is making the rounds again. Hard to tell, but looks like another fly on rails game similar to the Trilogy. But with a bigger screen and more immersion.

If I hear of one nearby, I'd probably check it out... but I have no intention of trying to search one out.

In the meantime, I'll probably play the Remastered Grim Fandango.

Or maybe not... I still have the original CD. The improved graphics and sound are probably nice... but I've solved all the puzzles twice. It would just be going through it for nostalgia's sake... I and I still have newer games I haven't finished and so little time to play them.

In the meantime, I'll probably play the Remastered Grim Fandango.

Or maybe not... I still have the original CD. The improved graphics and sound are probably nice... but I've solved all the puzzles twice. It would just be going through it for nostalgia's sake... I and I still have newer games I haven't finished and so little time to play them.

The audio commentary is enough to justify another playthrough.

Well, there is that in it's favor...

I'm just loving the fact that all these classic games are now being re-released. It does make me think that being sold to Disney may actually be one of the best things to ever happen to LucasArts... at least as far as the loyal fans are concerned.

If the show SW:Rebels is any idea what Disney is doing for the 12 and under crowd, I beg to differ. There was much nerd outrage when they turned Kessel into a planet and it seems quite easy to get to and from the planet.

Disney is all about money, and making more of it. Allowing a re-release is something they do every 10-20 years with ALL of their products

For weather related news. We are expected to get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow. Which is good since most of our current snow cover has already melted away. If i was in New York I would be buying up Kale to sell for huge markups and creating a survival shelter as the city shuts down.

In Wisconsin it just means I stay home and drink more

wow got drunk at a bar, this hot chick comes and dances with me like 4 times. fun saturday/rest day. haha gonna keep working out maybe i can get more girls to want to come dance with me! that **** made my night. probably going to wake up tomorrow feeling like ****. oh well!

feeling great! f the super bowl, I am gonna study, play Halo if my friend comes over, and go to the gym. We are stuck on 'the ark' mission. Some reason I forgot how crazy some of these missions were! the thing that sucks with co-op is not being able to return to the checkpoint, gotta start mission from scratch!!! good thing it's fun! I may hop on SWTOR and get off of Rishi and check out Yavin IV. :) Another 2 expansions are schedules this year...one of the planets is going to be Ziost!

Archived