Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

classes on a compressed schedule again! the great thing about this is it didn't even snow!!!!!!!!!!! talking to some girl on dating site for a week, got her name and gave her my phone # last night. that method usually gets me dates, whereas asking for a number gets me nowhere.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So how much would you pay to have someone just take care of that for you?
Well, when I was out of town, we got a dusting, maybe an inch or two... and my mom called a neighbor to clean it up. He charged 50 bucks for about 15-20 minutes work. Easy work at that...

This took over 4 hours today... And none of it was easy. :dozey:

At that rate... I'd feel fortunate to get away with a bill for $300-400. Probably closer to $600-$800 though. :rolleyes:

No... I'd rather do it myself, get the workout, and use the cash to buy a new iPhone... and XBox... And PS4... and iPad.

My walkway is about 10 feet long, and the end of my driveway empties right into the street. I've never believed I actually needed a snowblower before. 6 inches of snow takes me about half an hour to clear at most with a shovel. Anything less is 15-20 minutes at most. A foot of snow, maybe an hour, depending on how big a bank the plows have left at the end of the driveway.

This took close to 4 hours today... but then it was over 4 feet deep in spots.

I'm starting to rethink the blower... though for less than 20 feet of step, walk, and driveway snow clearing it still seems like overkill... unless of course all of our winters are going to look like this and this is now the new normal.

For years my family used me and my brother to solve the issue of snow removal. It wasn't until we both had moved out that my Dad purchased a snowblower... actually he bought it from a friend who upgraded. Even with the crappy one stage blower it was mainly a god send for the end of the driveway that got blocked with road slurry from the snow plows.

But with over 100 feet of 4 foot wide sidewalk, and 80 running feet of driveway. We HAD to have a snowblower or both of us would have been miserable.

For boston, you could probably do fine with a 20" single stage... basically a powered shovel.

Make snow your Bitch

gotta walk to school today. the struggle is real :\ gonna rant here for a little bit...i'm not feeling good.

trying not to get depressed as this whole week i can't help but think of why i got dumped 3 years ago when everything was seeming to go fine, and why i can't seem to get a girlfriend. i don't resent valentine's day, just hate that i was dumped a week before and every year since, nothing good ever happens around that time. it seems every time i end up talking to a girl, someone "better" comes along and i just get put off to the side. i'm getting tired of it, i don't know what i'm doing that's scaring them away. i asked my friend i usually hang out with that is a girl, and she told me to just ignore them and act busy and they'll be attracted to me. well that has never worked for me. i guess once i get a car and a full time job i'll be too busy for a relationship considering i'll be working alot and going to the gym. i really need a ****ing car, that is #1 thing that's killing me i think. hoping that i get alot back in tax refund and am able to get something reliable that won't break down within 3 years.

got a 100% on my college experience reflection paper. now i just gotta find time to do 5 hours of volunteer community service...i don't like that "volunteering" is a requirement to pass the class, it kind of defeats the purpose. I've got homeland response force training last week of this class, which is excusable since i'll be on orders. :)

trying to be optimistic about things, but it just seems i always revert to being broke off my ass and hopeless. cant ****ing stand it. glad i stopped going to the bars...though on parade day i'm gonna get ****ing hammered after i run in the 2 miler.

52 degrees fahrenheit, no precipitation. They say winter is over here, and will gradually become warmer...

:max: Obviously, I'm using the weather control machine and that's why you guys can't borrow it. There were four others that were up for sale on the Russian black market--surely one of those can be found on e-bay or craigslist.

Archived