Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

It's official...

Worst. Winter. Ever. (Based on snowfall amounts, measured in inches... In this area... Since records have been kept...)

Feels like a hollow victory. There was no "Win" in this winter. :dozey:

Now that we broke the record, that means we never have to get snow ever again... right? :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't alcohol...just a combination of bunch of ****. plus i lost the remote control to my tv, tore my room apart (after i had just finished putting everything away and had it looking great) looking for it. still haven't found it. it's pissing me off. on top of that, girls i like not liking me back, same **** different day i guess...i just want it to all be over.

on the bright side of last night.

i dreamt i became a ****ing vampire.

Started reading The Powder mage series by Brian McClellan. Just finished the second book "The crimson campaign" I don't normally care for Fantasy, but this series is just awesome. Think fantasy during the industrial revolution, and normal Magic users, but also "Powder Mages" that can have increased abilities when they ingest gunpowder. The most skilled can detonate powder withen 50yards, or fire a rifle shot and hit the eye of their target at 2 miles, with nothing more then a musket with a priming pan.

I may have just had too much coffee, but I declare St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) one of the best songs ever.

Got it on my phone's MP3 file.

We're both such nerds. :max:

Started reading The Powder mage series by Brian McClellan. Just finished the second book "The crimson campaign" I don't normally care for Fantasy, but this series is just awesome. Think fantasy during the industrial revolution, and normal Magic users, but also "Powder Mages" that can have increased abilities when they ingest gunpowder. The most skilled can detonate powder withen 50yards, or fire a rifle shot and hit the eye of their target at 2 miles, with nothing more then a musket with a priming pan.

I can shoot the sass off a June bug at 300 yards with my .22, no scope. Can I be a 'powder mage?'

:D

considering going off my anti-depressant medicine (bupropion/welbutrin)...i dont think this **** is working a day hasnt gone by where i dont think 'hmm what is the ****in point?' i thought this **** was supposed to stop those thoughts. ****ing va hospital...

nah...feeling better, i think main cause of my depression was my feet...going from not running outside since october to running 5 days within a week, on shoes that weren't broken in....but now my feet feel better, could be the couple pills of motrin i popped, but i'm feeling ****ing GREAT. haha also i'm playing Star Wars Galaxies and enjoying my time in that, pre-cu is fun...I can REALLY see how people got pissed off with the NGE now.

Planning on getting drunk tonight, spring break, no classes to worry about tomorrow. yuengling is calling my name.

oh yeah, Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

yeah im gonna use up this bottle then get my last refill and get another appointment at the VA Falsepital and talk to a shrink again...maybe up my dosage, idk...i feel fine some days then other days i just feel completely hopeless/worthless. i suck at life i guess.

I see what you did there.

my experience there was interesting, the shrink pushed drugs on me then went on vacation, not scheduling me for a followup. i had to call in and take care of business so i could get some refills. i need to talk to someone though, my problem is not having a vehicle to get there. having to rely on disabled american veterans van to get me there lol.

had a good run in the freezing cold wind today...2 mile time of 18:52. I plan to cut 3 minutes off that for the apft in april, and by august my goal is to get my time to 15 minutes. just gotta push myself to get out and do it, there ain't nothing to it and it makes me feel better, especially when the weight starts coming down again.

going to try and buy a car on Friday...'96 buick regal someone's selling for $900, i knocked the price down to $700. hoping and praying my bro can drive me there. i really need a ****in ride!!

VA Falsepital

Did a week of training at a big VA falsepital in North Chicago. :dozey: I will entrust my health care to non English speaking personnel at a day clinic in Juarez before I go to a VA falsepital...

Oh, and yes, KK... I can totally shoot around corners. :max: Using my 'Star Wars Battlefront' remote, that is.

*(Idley wonders how difficult it would be to mount a small gun barrel, shotgun shell, firing pin assembly and servo motor to a small drone.)*

*(invents new class of resistance weapon.)*

*(Gets flagged next time he tries to fly for mentioning any of this on the Internet.)*

Edit: never mind. Someone else already did it.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

hahaha call of duty...

well might not be getting the car thanks to this ****ing snow. seriously. 100% chance tomorrow...maybe it's 100% chance of 1 ****ing flake tho. don't think my buddy is going to want to drive an hour out to jersey to help me out. :(

Maintenance week at work: At once both unbelievably productive... and yet brutally mind bendingly tedious.

But at least we will be coming back to work shows in a place that is cleaner, better organized, more efficient, and where (almost...) everything works as it should.

But still... most of the actual work this week was repetitive and dull. EXCEPT setting up 30-odd feet of scaffolding up on uneven stairs in the balcony to change otherwise inaccessible house lights. THAT'S just colon-clenchingly terrifying.

But still... most of the actual work this week was repetitive and dull. EXCEPT setting up 30-odd feet of scaffolding up on uneven stairs in the balcony to change otherwise inaccessible house lights.

You guys don't have expendable young monkey boys (grad students or whatever) to scurry up there like so many sailors in the rigging?

*(Nods.)* You just sit in the control booth and say things like 'Yes,' 'No,' and 'You're doing fine.' ;)

got my drivers license photo today. took less than 5 minutes. then went to dennys with my buddy that took me to the dmv. got home, played SWG all ****ing day...like literally. im still on it right now. I actually ****ing stranded myself on Endor...I don't have enough experience to warrant any missions, so I'll either get killed out here and clone out, or just try and sell goods on the bazaar terminals. can't afford the 4000 credit ticket. :( it's crazy out here!

got my drivers license photo today. took less than 5 minutes. then went to dennys with my buddy that took me to the dmv. got home, played SWG all ****ing day...like literally. im still on it right now. I actually ****ing stranded myself on Endor...I don't have enough experience to warrant any missions, so I'll either get killed out here and clone out, or just try and sell goods on the bazaar terminals. can't afford the 4000 credit ticket. :( it's crazy out here!

We are talking about an online RPG character, right?

The solution is to go to the Ewok village and whore yourself out in the village marketplace. The female Ewoks are a vigorous and promiscuous lot...they pay in brazil nuts, but it doesn't take long to build up 4000 credits' worth. Sell on bazaar terminals, buy ticket out. Peace!

It helps if your character is a Wookiee. :max: They like those for some reason.

Archived