Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the first of four nights of aging hippies ruining my powerful and tasteful organ playing by showing up and strumming their guitars for no good reason whatsoever. What is an acoustic guitar going to add to a pipe organ? Does this make any stylistic sense whatsoever? Do these people have any idea that it isn't the 70s anymore? So help me, if I were in charge...

Finished the asteroid prospector this morning. :D Freshly painted with my 'three shades of gray' scheme (base coat plus one shade lighter and one darker) and some details picked out in light tan:

image.jpg1_zpslkim8ehs.jpg

Then I added both dry transfer and wet decals to give it an industrial look. It's supposed to be a commercially owned ship, studded with sensors that goes out to an asteroid field and prospects for rocks loaded with gold or other valuable materials. Here it is after the final coat of top coat (matte--I find that matte finish over gloss gives a realistic looking metallic finish.)

image.jpg1_zps3r7emjuw.jpg

Assembled and ready for launch into space.

image.jpg3_zpsrooi09jo.jpg

Here is the ass view. Clunky and vaguely Russian looking. :max:

image.jpg2_zpsemhq8pni.jpg

And finally...at home, with the rest of my rag- tag, fugitive fleet, looking for a planet called 'Earth.'

image.jpg1_zps2pasus4w.jpg

Anime convention in town this weekend. My yearly opportunity to feel both archaically ancient, and like a perverse degenerate.

All the just-technically teen children dressed up in trampy makeup... sexy 8"-heeled ****-me shoes... the thigh-high lace stockings... the impossibly tight and revealing cleavage-baring tops... and the microscopically skimpy barely-there bottoms. Whew!

And that's just the guys! Some of the girls outfits are really outrageous!

:dozey:

Damn conventioneers ate up all the parking spaces for blocks around here, and I got into a fender-bender looking for a spot in a garage this morning. Always a great way to start your day, exchanging insurance info with the flustered-looking mom driving a car full of Pokemon characters.

Huge rock and roll show tonight. The drummer from Bad Co., the bassist from Megadeth, the guitarist/ singer from the Allman Brothers Band, the singer from Extreme, and the organist for the Boston Red Sox (yeah, I don't know either... but he's actually really good...) all on stage jamming. Kinda weird and surreal... and fits well with the anime madness going on next door.

Looks to be a long show tonight. I fully plan on not getting home until after 1 am tonight... and that's awesome, because I don't have to be to work tomorrow until 8am. :rolleyes:

Yes... I'll be reporting to work on Easter Sunday far earlier than many people will be out doing egg hunts. Because I'll sleep when I'm dead, that's why.

(Any day now...)

ahahaha classy!

memorial service for my cousin was really moving...members of her unit were there, and taps was played, flag folded and given to her daughter. hard to make sense of it all...i can somewhat understand, she was going through alot...i hope she's at peace now...

the best part though, was i got to spend some time with my sister. :)

did the usual easter bunny thing for my nephews today, then took my mom out for lunch before getting dropped off at my place. :)

not sure what i'm going to do the rest of my 2 days off from school...guess i'll get my uniforms ready for drill and finish up a project i have for search and seizure class.

trying to focus on what i need to do to improve myself the rest of the year...i want to cut soda and most sugar out of my diet so i can drop the body fat i need, and run faster. i was able to run a bit on thursday. this week i only have 2 days planned to run...monday and wednesday. hoping i can pass the apft even if it's by the skin of my teeth, this way...more money for school since i'm flagged i am DQ'd for state education benefits and federal tuition assistance. i need to focus. can't wait for my situp platform to get here. guess i'll be back to 2-a days after this weekend...running and calisthenics...intervals combining them. gotta drink a gallon of water a day..

ice cream sounds good, cracken...might have to go get some today after i run my 2 miles. lol

i cleaned my combat boots last night...first time doing that since OSUT. mainly did that because we're getting a new platoon sergeant, well not new cause he got out and decide to come back probably cause of the tattoo policy getting reversed...so im trying not to look all ate the **** up. tho failing the pt test (which i'm not going to be the only one so **** it) will prove otherwise. meh. at least i try.

it's nice day out.

just took my dog out for a walk, decided to run the 1/2 mile back with him, just so he can expend some of his german shepherd dog energy. The livingroom looks awesome since I cleaned it up, planning on removing the big ass table and chairs and getting some workout equipment in. Planning on getting the pullup tower, i have the ab platform on the way, and my mom's getting rid of their gazelle/elliptical thing. i also would love to get a punching bag and stand, but that's probably going to be the most expensive..

tried to run my 2 miles. back started hurting after 1 mile...so i ran and walked on and off for an extra 2 miles, walked to the bus stop and of course i was about 2 minutes late for the bus as it passed me, ended up walking from the park to home, about 3 miles...trying not to spaz out about the apft i have this week...i want to pass it, but i don't think i will pass it this time just due to fact of it being ****ing freezing the past 3 months. i'm on a good run schedule now, not going to give up...planning on 3 miles every other day...maybe do 1-2 miles on tuesday and thursdays just to keep my ankles warmed up..

Archived