Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got tired of playing games about 10 years ago. This one girl I met on a dating site, I asked if she was busy on a weekend she kept having things she was busy with. Then she complained I never asked her out on a date.

After a month, out of the blue she tells me she went on a date with someone else, and slept with him.

"I wanted you to be happy for me"

Dodged that psycho B**CH bullet

it's annoying, bro. all these girls around here want to do is play ****ing stupid games. it's downright depressing. just gonna stick my head in video games forever i guess, the only way i can seem to get out of the depression of always being single/not going on any dates. the girls i'm interested in are never interested back. i've changed alot over the last 5 years, being in a ****ty relationship, getting deployed, then going to college kind of changed me...im not really shy anymore, but i have no idea how to talk to women, as I have this feeling all the time that hangs over me that nobody wants me...i guess the right person will just come along like in the ****ing movies. lol who am i kidding.

I have said it once, and I will keep saying it because i firmly believe it is true.

In order to find love, and be happy, you need to be happy alone, and love yourself first.

My wife fell in love with the Swaggering confident and happy person she saw out on the Curling ice. She loved me at my best, and can wait for it to come back when I am at my worse.

In fact, looking back. When I was not dating, and happy being by myself I had 3-5 girls more then willing to hug and kiss me, even offer sex to me. It was a great time of my life, and it shows confidence is a turn on for the Ladies

i guess i need to just stay focused on my workouts, video games, and school. all 3 of those keep me happy. but whenever i'm happy, i've never had any girls approach me. ever! hoping that the next school i go to i have better luck. that's 5 months away..

I've noticed that women aren't interested in me when I'm single, but all over me when I'm not. :dozey:

I will hire an actress to impersonate my girlfriend...then, when the other women come flocking, I will choose the hottest one and *dump* the *girlfriend* for her. Pay off the actress, tear up a few convincing photographs, and be done with it. Squeaky bed springs.

All true gents, but.... I'm a wonderful exception!

Rochester is NOT a very ethnically diverse community. In fact, I can count, on one hand, how many other Asian folk I've seen running around. I'm a very special snowflake.

But Cracken, what the hell are you talking about?

Attraction by familiarity. Humans tend to be most attracted to by the most "comfortable" or "familiar" features in a person. Everything from eyes, skin tone, facial structures, etc. This explains that, even in very diverse area's, mixed couples are still... uncommon. Not as rare as they used to be, but still not an everyday thing. For me, being adopted, raised in a white neighborhood, by white parents, with the only other regular contact with Asian people being my sister... I find that other Asian people look weird.

So... I'm one of like..... maybe 100 asians in a community of mostly white and black people. Yup. Yeah. Confident as hell, not a lot of girls banging down my door.

*shrug*

I hate Rochester.

excelling in college...hoping i get straight A's this semester! I've got 2 more years of this then it's back to looking for a job...

you're right though K_K...the 3 times when i managed to get girlfriend, was when i was just chill, no ****s given attitude, had fun. no regrets...just trying to make more friends with similar interests...trying to stay away from alcohol. not the easiest thing to do. it's hard for me to talk to girls especially the ones i'm really attracted to without that annoying thought in back of me head that "oh there's like 5 other guys trying to get with that right now, and i'm not the best out of those choices" and that leads to my current state of depression. just going to knock that **** off and play video games, maybe i'll meet a good chick on swtor one day. i can only hope.

Boy, the crap I've gone through lately just to keep my professional licensing up to date. :dozey:

In Oregon we have a food handlers card program for all workers in food service. To ensure that we are current with the latest regulations concerning the safe handling of food, we have get the card renewed every three years, and mine had just expired. Naturally, you have to take the test for the card online. Not a problem, since I (obviously) have internet service.

EXCEPT...I have no printer modern enough to communicate with my iPad. Fine. I go to Wally World and buy a fine, high quality printer for $69. Wi-fi compatible. I take it home and install it, without much difficulty. I knock over an antique Japanese lamp in the process of plugging it in, which breaks the old lamp cord and blows the circuit breaker for the room...but the printer seems unaffected.

EXCEPT...when I try to connect with my wi-fi, I find that my internet service is totally out. :mad: The modem and router both light up and do their blinky show, but no connectivity. The following day, I go to the cable company office and have them check my service. All good on their end, so they have to send out a repair guy...which can get expensive. He finds that the modem, which is their responsibility, is indeed faulty, so says I won't get charged the $40 for the service call and installs a new modem for free. All good.

EXCEPT...the wi-fi router is also fried, and that part is my responsibility. They can install one, but then it's a $40 installation fee and $5 a month on my internet bill...forever. :dozey: To Wally World again I go, this time for a new router. Which costs me exactly $45.

Starting to feel like this:

article-2415462-1BAEBC9E000005DC-788_634x638.jpg

I get home and go through the hassle of getting my new router installed, then getting my iPad and printer all hooked together through it. I immediately sit down and take the test, pass (ta-daa!) and print my new card effortlessly on my new wireless printer. The card fee is $10...bringing my grand total spent on getting the thing to $124.

Seriously? $124?!? :mad:

At least I can print naughty pictures in the privacy of my own home now.

I immediately sit down and take the test, pass (ta-daa!) and print my new card effortlessly on my new wireless printer. The card fee is $10...bringing my grand total spent on getting the thing to $124.

Seriously? $124?!? :mad:

At least I can print naughty pictures in the privacy of my own home now.

Next time maybe use a library computer. But this is basically "Small goverment" at it's finest taxing the poor. about the same in wisconsin where a florist has to get a license, and the license includes getting approval from another florist to open a business. Nothing more then a way to create a secret monoploy

Also, in case you all didn't know we are in April. Which usally means showers, which brings may flowers. (in june they bloom, and july they die) But in wisconsin, it means SNOW. GOD DAMN FRICKING SHIAT SNOW!

Next time maybe use a library computer. But this is basically "Small goverment" at it's finest taxing the poor. about the same in wisconsin where a florist has to get a license, and the license includes getting approval from another florist to open a business. Nothing more then a way to create a secret monoploy

Also, in case you all didn't know we are in April. Which usally means showers, which brings may flowers. (in june they bloom, and july they die) But in wisconsin, it means SNOW. GOD DAMN FRICKING SHIAT SNOW!

Library computers are for the homeless. :max:

Curiously enough, printing pictures of snow doesn't use up a lot of ink.

Snow_on_Second_Street.jpg

But in wisconsin, it means SNOW. GOD DAMN FRICKING SHIAT SNOW!
I know that feel, bro.

Actually, after Blizzardpalooza 2015, we are actually down to bare ground in most places. I have only one tiny patch of snow in my back yard now... which is pretty remarkable, since this time a month ago it was full of drifts taller than I am.

I still haven't put my windshield scraper, shovels, and ice melt away for the year yet. I keep waiting for a surprise.

Another long weekend of work. Joan Armatrading, Cassandra Wilson, and Dweezil Zappa. Not all at the same time this weekend, though. However: That is a show I'd love to see! :D

K_K and Cracken, not every non-Asian woman runs away from Asian men. One of my younger cousins (daughter of a cousin, to be specific) has an Asian boyfriend, who I knew from bowling. He happens to be very respectful, so I'm happy she's w/ him.

well the girl messaged me, apologizing and stuff...she didn't like the fact that i didn't have a car, but not decides that that's not a good reason to ignore a nice dude like me...idk i'm going to go out with her again and see where it takes me..also got my ex texting me. not sure how i feel about the ex..the other girl idk either but i don't know her well enough to make a judgement call..

A second chance for not having a car? :dozey: Please. When you do get a car, make her sit in back, where the gold diggers go.

Day off. Since I'm all caught up on my snow shoveling, I built a new model ship--this time a passenger starliner.

image.jpg1_zpszpp19wyj.jpg

Ventral view. This is supposed to be a large ship full of vulnerable civilians, a fat ripe target for the cylons and liability for the colonial forces. Inspired by the Olympic Carrier from the first season premiere of BSG, '33.'

image.jpg2_zpsewquwow9.jpg

Here it is with the fleet. :)

image.jpg1_zpswpzvt71m.jpg

Actual size of model. :max: Probably why I'm nearsighted...

image.jpg3_zpsn3nvx37l.jpg

Archived