Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had my bicycle in for a tune up and rode it. 5 miles in 30 minutes. Felt like crap shortly afterwards

Not helping that work is in overtime mode. Doesn't really accomplish anything but make everyone grumpy, tired, and prone to mistakes.

Not to mention the fact that one guy at work almsot forced me to run into him when he didn't yield, then while I was trying to explain the incident to my supervisor he showed up to "Listen in" and when confronted he wouldn't do anything more then say "YOU WERE WRONG! YOU WERE WRONG" while i tried to explain the situation of having to avoid someone else in a cramped intersection.

Right in front of his supervisor who told ME To calm down

i'm considering bringing my mt bike down from my parents'...i haven't rode a bike in a long time, and there are some nice places to ride around..but i'd be concerned about someone stealing it. :rolleyes:

had a good run around the lake yesterday, then went and lifted some weights before going on another trail at 12am this morning, ran a little then did jumping jacks, and repeated that for 2 miles with my friend, trying to get him to keep up with me when we actually do a full 2-3 mile run..

chilled with my ex tonight. nice walk in the park... it was kind of fun, didn't make any moves or anything like last time i chilled with her. could tell she was expecting me to, but i didn't give in...she'll probably be thinking about me all night. she's definitely not the same person that broke up with me...it's as if she's had her soul destroyed or something.

Not helping that work is in overtime mode. Doesn't really accomplish anything but make everyone grumpy, tired, and prone to mistakes.
That describes my life for the last couple of months. Long stressful days, strung into never-ending weeks, which are chained together into months of misery.

My last full day off was in March. Most of my work days have been averaging about 10 hours each, with many 14+ hours ones tacked on for good measure.

This week has been brutal... and even if I weren't already exhausted, it would still be a ****ty week. The guy producing can be a schmuck... but this week he's been a lot worse than normal. And don't get me started on the keyboard players... the Three Stooges... except it isn't funny to watch then spend minutes between songs trying to figure out how to change patches. And then get no level out of them when they start playing... only to have it get INSANELY LOUD at some random point not quite halfway through the song when they figure out what's wrong with the patch they built. Totally clueless... but arrogant douchebags about it.

And the poor monitor guy is going insane... because they are all on in-ear monitors, so they blame him when they can't hear... then freak out on him when it gets deafening... even though he hasn't touched anything at all, and it's all on them.

I'm not loving my job right now.

had a pretty decent run tonight, well...painless rather. showed my buddy some army prep drill, then we ran 2 miles, had to wait for him a couple times, then when we finished i showed him the recovery/cooldown drill. a good night....

though i'm still mind ****ed from meeting up with my ex...planning on seeing her again, though I'm not sure where I'm going with it...just feels like part of me is missing without her, but when i saw her today, it was like she wasn't even a person...maybe i was just blind the whole relationship and that's how she always was? maybe i should just leave it alone...but there's that part of me that won't quit...it's the weirdest feeling on the world.

anyone see the new trailer for The Force Awakens?

Just saw it. Spoilers for the teaser:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The action and a lot of the visuals seem to be very Abrams-esque, which to me usually means forgettable, but if the characters and story are good, they could work. The image of Darth Vader's burnt helmet was very nice. Fantastic voice-over by Mark Hamill - really got me in the mood. Great to see Harrison Ford again. Not so sure about this young woman. I'm not liking the look of her. Black Stormtrooper Guy has potential.

The opening shot looks like a badly painted matte. But if they clean that up a bit, it's going to look amazing.

I like that they mostly feature the old folks in this one. That makes me slightly more interested in this.

IcOqh.jpg

Choo Choo mother ****ers!

It looks good. I watched the TFA panel from the SW Celebration convention that's happening... and to my surprise... BB-8 is an actual robot.

Carrie Fisher looks.... wow. Time did not treat her very well. :/

I have high hopes... but am prepared in the event it's not.

ran interval sprints around the lake today...felt great afterwards...2 hours of playing The Old Republic, now when i move my ankles are like 'what is this walking thing?' going on a 2 mile run in a few hours...gotta keep moving.

got officially accepted to the college i applied to. not even excited. :\ wish i could beat this depression, i hate that it just sucks the happiness out of everything i'd normally be thrilled about...

IcOqh.jpg

Choo Choo mother ****ers!

It looks good. I watched the TFA panel from the SW Celebration convention that's happening... and to my surprise... BB-8 is an actual robot.

Carrie Fisher looks.... wow. Time did not treat her very well. :/

I have high hopes... but am prepared in the event it's not.

BB-8? "Beach Ball"?

And Ms. Fisher has had a long chronicled battle with various nasty substances. She was a real mess for a very long time. That takes a toll.

Well, at her age she wouldn't be playing a beautiful princess anymore anyway, no matter how well she visibly aged. I assume princess Leia will now be portrayed as a dignified leader (who maybe has to go on an adventure or two), and Carrie Fisher can certainly do that. I'm actually more concerned about her voice. It's sounded very rough in recent years, so hopefully they can overcome that.

There was a SWCA panel, there is a Video with them talking with a functional R2-D2 and then BB-8 Rolls onto stage. Still trying to figure out how that head stays on top. Really amazing work on the droid. But what is the point of it, except to look cute and roll around? It has no arms (that we can see)

The new X_wings have a name. T-70 X-wing fighter "Used by the resistance against the First Order"

Also the teaser implies that either Luke or Liea had a kid. my guess is the girl is the kid.

And why does the Black stormtrooper guy looks afraid in both teasers? Are the new storm Trooper corp a bunch of racists? "Sorry you don't have a bump on your forehead and your skin is too dark" Some of the plot was revealed in two teaser trailers.

Black storm trooper guy goes AWOL from "First order" grabs a TIE fighter and blows up a bunch of things in the hanger before leaving, crashes on Desert planet (tatooine) and Girl races out to save him, bringing him back to shanty town. Girl decides to help Black guy and they are forced to leave when Shanty town gets blown up.

A few more potential spoilers here.

The stormtrooper guy is named Finn, and he is shown with the Anakin/ Luke Saber lost in the Cloud City duel (or one just like it...) for some reason. He looks afraid because apparently he has total amnesia (the actor said that in an interview.) So... Star Wars meets Jason Bourne... Hmmm... A black guy with connections to Cloud City... Any bets on a connection to Lando?

It also looks like the rebellion/ New Republic wasn't so successful after all. It's hard to believe that they would still be mopping up ex-Imperial remnants 30 years after the fact... So the death of the Emperor apparently didn't end the drive for a galactic empire.

That's one of the main reasons for why I'm not completely sold on this. 30 years later, and the climax of Return of the Jedi meant "nothing" to the galaxy. The whole point of the extended ending, with the celebrations throughout the galaxy, was to establish that the Empire was defeated.

Also, 30 years later, and the design of the technology remains the same. The prequels at least dared to bring new designs for the predecessors of the ships of the originals. This one looks like "Ctrl+C Ctrl+V"...

Regarding the lightsaber, we see it (along with Luke's hand) fall to Bespin (the planet). Don't know how it was possible to recover it.

I said all those same things after seeing the first teaser. TIE Fighters again? Really?!??

If the galaxy is still embroiled in conflict, technological advances and weapons design could have been slowed to a crawl... although that is the exact opposite of what real-world history has shown. War is the single best way of pushing the limits of what's capable.

My guess: the bad guy Sith type will actually turn out to be a Skywalker... either one of the kids gone bad, or one of the old generation turned Dark Side. We haven't seen Leia in one of the trailers yet, have we? And Carrie Fisher hinted at a surprise.

Either way, somebody is collecting Sith relics, and Skywalker family heirlooms as well. But the saber might be a reproduction. Or there will be some Deus Ex Machina explanation on how it survived, and was recovered. It was the same saber that killed all the Jedi at the temple during the purge, so it would be an important Dark Side artifact too.

Another question: How would Han EVER give up the Falcon?

Archived