Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty nice, i've got $700 saved for a car right now...hoping by end of june to get something nice to get to and from college next semester. anticipating a call back on a start date for this new job...i hate waiting for background checks. remaining hopeful..

Kaplagh. (Not sure of the spelling--'success' in Klingon.)

Klingon spells it:

220px-Qapla%27.svg.png

Terran spelling is Qapla' (pronounced "kɑpˈlɑ")

did some more calculating, to get my paymets down to under $300/month I can only afford around a $18k for a car. Which means usedm but still within the last 3 years

I've always been a buyer of old cars and trucks. This may be douchetry on my part, but I prefer to let someone else pay off the big factory ticket price and lose all that money in depreciation. Then I come along and pick it up for a fraction of that (providing the vehicle is in good condition) and get all the value of the next ten years or so of lifetime it has left. One does end up paying for more repairs along the way, but the cost associated with that is minor compared with the kind of numbers a new car dealer throws at you.

I only had to save for a few months, without sacrificing much. I even had to replace a microwave oven, a printer and a wireless router in the meantime. Oh, and some dental work. I wasn't able to add to my weapons collection...much. :dozey: Still, $1500 didn't take long to save up.

It helps if you're a skilled culinary technician with a valuable position in a successful food service establishment. That is, a burger flipper. :D

Still blah.

I got someone to cover my shift today. I probably could have forced myself through the shift... but since mom now has all the symptoms I had yesterday, I might still be contagious... and since I haven't eaten anything since Thursday other than some tea, some juice, a cup of broth, and a couple of pieces of dry toast, I'm not exactly at fighting strength.

Still blah.

I got someone to cover my shift today. I probably could have forced myself through the shift... but since mom now has all the symptoms I had yesterday, I might still be contagious... and since I haven't eaten anything since Thursday other than some tea, some juice, a cup of broth, and a couple of pieces of dry toast, I'm not exactly at fighting strength.

I'm not a doctor...but I play one on teevee.

It does indeed sound like you have the flu. You will be contagious for a couple more days, and the time off is definitely indicated. I have no doubt that you will kick the flu's ass like Manny Pacquiao...but be watchful for your mom. In older folks it can turn into pneumonia more easily if it lingers.

I had the flu this last winter, unusual for me. I took moonshine whiskey with orange juice as a curative. :) Not sure if it helped with the sickness, but it made the extra days off more enjoyable.

yeah, there's a page i follow on facebook where people offer up cars for sale and they're usually between 800 and 2000...i'm going to wait until i have about $3000 and try and get something for around $1000, then if any repairs need to be made, i've got that extra $2000 to spend on it. one nice thing about this is, lower insurance. if i were to buy a car and make payments...it would break my bank, not only would i have the car payment at outrageous interest but i'd have to get the full-tort insurance...and i'd be using all my money just to pay for a car to get to work to make money to pay for said car. nah, **** that. praying that i get a call before thursday saying that i got the job i interviewed for...then i can easily save up for a car!

Well, i normally couldn't afford the car. But my wife and I have been saving up money, and have $5000 cash on hand, her near perfect credit rating to co-sign, and a house with $100,000 in equity

it is just the montly payments that are an issue. $300/month is a little less then one paycheck for me at my crappy job

I'm not a doctor...but I play one on teevee.

It does indeed sound like you have the flu. You will be contagious for a couple more days, and the time off is definitely indicated. I have no doubt that you will kick the flu's ass like Manny Pacquiao...but be watchful for your mom. In older folks it can turn into pneumonia more easily if it lingers.

I had the flu this last winter, unusual for me. I took moonshine whiskey with orange juice as a curative. :) Not sure if it helped with the sickness, but it made the extra days off more enjoyable.

We both had flu shots this year... so hopefully that acts as a shield of sorts. Dad gets pneumonia often. Even in Florida.

I'm feeling better today... but then I haven't tried to eat anything yet. Yesterday things weren't bad until I put solid food down there. Then it was "move back into the bathroom" time again. :dozey:

well looks like i'll be without antidepressants for a while! ****in mental health clinic not open on weekends...gotta call and set up appointment tomorrow for sometime in May for a stupid shrink consult i guess so i can get some more of that candy.

had a pretty nice weekend with my friends...however, i've got alot of built up anxiety for this week that some of those pills could've helped me with. waiting on call from the job i hope i get, and a ****ing pt test sometime this weekend.

and over the last few days i've been having depressive thoughts of just turning in after i finish up my enlistment, drill always ends up being a ****ing hassle for me. hoping it gets better, i'm sick of these feelings of inadequacy.

Somehow, I survived the first weekend of state tournament! :D

We had a pretty good weekend, highlighted by 1999 USBC Masters champion Brian Boghosian putting up a set in his team event that would have been the house record until a couple of months ago. We had a big group come in from the western part of the state, and they went pretty big in brackets, the "house cut" from which I decided to donate to the bowling alley's junior scholarship fund. :)

another great annoyance....pulled a neck muscle while i was sleeping. JUST ****ING GREAT. :joy: gonna fail my pt test for sure now!

wild: might go bowling next week. :)

just took my dog for a walk...much needed. haha good exercise plus 2 scoops of C4 Extreme was enough to cure my temporary bout of depression. Brushing that dust off my shoulders and getting back up, i will not be defeated.

Been playing SWTOR a bit. fun game!!

I'm at work. Doing (my favorite...) musical theater. :rolleyes:

This one isn't too terrible or insane... so far. And they are doing "Cabaret"... which should, if I know anything about this show, involve a large cast of attractive college co-eds prancing around in lingerie for a few hours. Also, not terrible. :naughty:

Archived